Super hott soul sample - Con Funk Shun - All Up To You

definitely a beautiful song and a very soulful group to dig from, i've sampled this song a few times i may do it again for this thread. Beat is alright, was expecting a bit more variation or something from that since it was a loop at it's core (not knocking it), i think the snare is too loud. Some of the percussion instruments are a bit lower and louder than the others as well. These all can be easily fixed though. Proper EQ'ng for each percussion would definitely help so it doesn't sound so "factory" Beat does have potential with a little tuning imo.

Nice sample, classic! Big fan of ConFunkShun i flipped this a while back heres my flip

Last edited:
Overview|
@yoda, i agree with kalm kid that your snare is def a lil too loud. but i like your beat overall. i think the loop is perfect...dont need to see u do anything else to it...it fits the framework of a song fine. i wouldnt go chopping stuff up, just for the sake of chopping stuff to please the producers on here...cause in the end, u make the music u make in hopes that rappers and singers will want to get on that music...not producers... but thats just my 2 cents

mix|
in terms of your mix...its sounds like everything might be tracking a lil hot...so id turn stuff down, like everything...i'm surprised it wasnt clipping when u exported it. Id layer the kick too just to give a lil more knock too

Beat|
I'd swap out some of the drum sounds. they dont really fit all that well to me...but thats just my opinion take it how u want. It just sounds like u have this electronic 808-ish drums and this old soul beat and they not matching up to me...i'd layer the drums u have with some sampled drums from somewhere and see what that sounds like

hope all this helps

Back