SOULFUL SAMPLE- Masterpiece - Love Is What You Make It (BEAT FOR MEEK MILL) (PREVIEW)

ChrisJusticeOMG

Is At Your Momma's House.
Here's a sneak preview at a beat I submitted for meek mills upcoming project. Let's keep our fingers crossed.. Sample below..

Flip: DreamKillers (Beat for Meek Mill) (Sneak Peek)

Sample: Masterpiece - Love Is What You Make It

*Don't know if the sample has been posted before so this is for those who slept lol

Last edited:
Fingers crossed? If he dont buy that he is a fool. Thats that heat

flipped this a few years back wanted a live bass and some keys to thicken the beat but nothing ever came of it

beat is tight, but I'm hoping the band pass filter is just cause you don't want people jacking that shit -- otherwise, this sounds like it was recorded off a radio in a bathroom lol

bandpass filter? LMAO I recorded it with my iPhone so i'm pretty sure that's the reason it sounds...well recorded hahaa but that's not a bad idea either lol thanks for checking it out peeops! You guys are motivation, and inspiration. Keep making good music and progress everyday.

@cuzinQ Them drums are dopeee, it would sound ill with some bass and keys as well but that break down and drum roll is dope. I actually replayed the whole sample from bass to keys to drums to electric guitar to rhodes just in case I need to remove the sample, the beat would still sound "full" So you might not be able to tell in the video due to quality but I interpolated alot of instruments into the record.

Last edited:
Who is Meek Mill .
This track has more reverb that Adele's last joint combined
Other than the sample being looped correctly I dunno if I like this the drums destroyed it for me. Everyone and there grandpas flipped this.

@MrWonderful cool story bro. I know by now you can't please everyone because their will always be "one." But I appreciate you giving your honest opinion. hopefully I have other material that sparks your interest....

However...

1st. It's been recorded through an iphone so quality is significantly lower, so you are defiantly not hearing the full product. (PS: Done on purpose.)

2nd. The sample is not just a loop, I chopped it up into 16 slices and reworked the last 2 slices in the end, then threw a hi-pass filter on it so I was able to play along with the sample easier. And f.y.i I RARELY do sample "loops" anyway ->

ChrisJustice's sets on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

3rd. It IS NOT JUST A SAMPLE WITH DRUMS ADDED SMH lol I replayed alot of parts in the beat so I can just take the sample out and you'd hear the piano, rhodes, bass, organs, guitar etc. that I interpolated along with the song

4th. The only reverb in the beat is when the snare blasts out into the chorus man... and who said reverb was bad? If that ***** sound good, throw her in there.. there should never be limits on your creativity.

5th. Who cares if your grandmother flipped this sample, honestly, i'd like to hear what she came up with because it is a dope record. And If someone wants to make music and flip a record there should not be a law where if everyone used it then I can't use it. wtf... This is why I rarely sample anymore because cat's always make comments like these..

6th. Let's get back on topic, I want to hear want other cats did with this record because that's why I reposted the sample, because it is a very soulful record

sound quality isn't good.. too much reverb on about everything if thats not the case then idk why the sound seems so distant.. the drum pattern is good but the mixing isnt right try and do it over with better equiptment im sure it'll come out great cuz you have the right idea with the structure

@brad piff. Hey man appreciate the constructive criticism, i have a problem i don't know how to mix at all lol i'm trying to learn though and a wierd thing is i didnt put any reverb on at all? It must all be from the sample. And i don't have good equipment to do it over with all i got is head phones and fruity loops haha.

@Diggz52 he was probably talkin about my flip bro, and I'm pretty sure I stated this but i'll say it again,

@brad piff This is actually a video and not a picture, it is a stationary iphone video recording of me playing the beat off my computer. (you can hear me double click itunes in the beginning) Even though it looks like it's a picture, it's a video, my iphone is just stationed so it wouldn't move. It is NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT and sound is no where near the same. I just wanted to let people hear what i'm working on. Long story short, It sounds lo quality because I recorded it through a lo quality source so no mixing should even be mention hahaa

Thanks for looking out though!

Last edited:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE LAAAAWD, That shit is FLAMES!!!!! my nigg, Sheesh! throw in a crash in there yo and you set my dude, I will be prepared to here this on the radio or a mixtape with Ross on it lololol, Straight crack brah, you did your thang son!

nice hope mill uses it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back