What Happened to the Sunday Beat Battle??

Aeternitas

Hey all,

I've been away for a minute, but what's happened with the Sunday Beat Battle?

Is it gone or am I just blind?:bigeyes::cool:

Peace,

J.

someone asked the same thing like 2 weeks ago so I'll just copy/paste my response from there:

Magnificentbutcher took a vacation to Japan for like two months and he left the duty of putting up the battles to one of his buddy's but the dude didn't really follow through -- me and 901 Rice tried to host like 1 or 2 but there was confusion over who should start the thread so sometimes we'd both make one and we weren't as diligent as Magnificentbutcher so we'd be a little late to posting up the threads and whatnot and they weren't drawing many entries so we kinda just let it slip away

Then when Magnificentbutcher finally came back, he restarted the contests but after only one thread he decided it wasn't worth the effort to keep it going since the turnout was low and referred people to the Stone's Throw battles but nobody really was interested. (he also didn't post the entries in the vote thread for some reason and wanted people to go back through all the pages of the entry thread to listen to the entries which is why the final battle go so little votes [I was probably the only person who voted who wasn't in the battle])

Personally, I really liked the battles -- even though I only entered like 3 of them, I would check every Sunday for the new sample and just spend like 20-30 minutes messing with it (mostly coming up with nothing, which is why I rarely entered) but I loved the casualness of it and it was just a good way to keep everyone practicing.

You can see it all go down here:
Sunday Beat Battle #21 Voting Thread

I'm pretty new to this site, but i love the sound of a beat battle. If anything does come up again then I'd love to get involved.

Back