Soul Sample Flip

Hey dude, nice one. The idea definitely has legs. One thing that stuck out to me is that you're lacking a fair bit of presence in the bottom end. As in the bass is there, but it's very low (both in frequency and in volume). Two things to try:

1. Layer that low bass with the same notes one octave higher which will give you more presence and also increase the perceived volume of the bass. Then adjust the levels as needed.
2. Make sure you low pass your bass at 40Hz because otherwise you have a bunch of stuff happening in the low end that you can't hear, but that takes up headroom and steals space from other instruments.

.. and also, with a soul sample like that, I always think it's cool to match them with some nice dusty soul drums, but that's just me. could be something to explore though.

Ez

wow thats defo deep soul sample ! nice share.
schroomie has lots of creative choppin going on there but i don't really think it match up all together.
jazenf good solid flip too. I would use bit differend drums but maybe its just me

peace yo

Thats such a lovely Sample!! but its hard to beat apollo brown on that one ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VUGICOXjNQ

But nice Flip of that soul Sample - speaking of Soul Samples here is my newest Soul Sample Flip (hope you dont mind i post here but topic matches to good to open a new thread! lol)
The Miracles - You need a miracle

Back