**** sampling

unikmix

hey,

i have started my carreer as a producer because mixing only is not satifying me enough.
So i got me a new Push and run my stuff straight in Ableton.

I have done some beats before, without sampling and with. But it tourns out that these beats, without samples in them, are banging.
But the one i have build a beat around a sample, daaaamn, they are whack as fuq. Either i looped a section 16 bars long, on this side, it has groove at least,
or i have tried to chop stuff, but on this side, you can just get ear cancer from that.

So i watched and watched alot of stuff out there how people sample and what is more important to me, how people chop stuff. Yeah but seems that im a faggot, cause i cant get it.

I think Ableton is not really helping me with that "Warp-Funktion" cause it sucks, really dont even know why people would time strech stuff..
Yeah ok, maybe when they have samples with one instrument in em where you cant recognize time differences in chops, but what to do when your sample
has hi hats, or drums? Simply cant time strech things?

Man, no more shit around here, i show you my sample and maybe i can see how you would beat it up...

Its called "Nite Liters - Nothing can make me love you more" it should start... yeah you are all good producers, you will hear.

Thanks..

show us the sample youre working with. sometimes the source work is too horrible to make anything out of.
but otherwise it just comes down to practice, and training your ear. spend more time on it, or watch some youtube videos of beat making, and yuo will get it eventually

There is a lot of work going on when you sample. I started off not that long ago, maybe a year or so, and I'm still figuring shit out. I went from just cutting 4 bar loops out of a song and piecing it together. Then you start to learn about filtering different sounds out. You start to learn how to just take a 16 Bar sample, and then cut that into individual pieces. You might hear something dope, but then you find out that it was recorded out of tempo, or recorded live with no metronome, and you lose your shit. Honestly, you can chop and flip a sample a hundred different ways, but the beauty of sampling, is that song you cut, becomes your own interpretation. Much like how jazz artists played back in the day. You're bringing life back to a track, whether it is a banger or not, that track gets a chance to be popular again. It's all part of the culture.

Back