Ok guys, Another dope song to sample from Johnny James (you'll want to open this)

JohnnyJames

Just to let you guys know, that I promise to post nothing but FIRE for you guys to sample. I'm all about spreading the wealth! Though I will always be a student, I will consider this flip to be one of my favorites.
hahah That being said, check out my flip of the song. I'd love to hear what you guys think and see what you got. Have fun with this one guys!
***listen till the very end of my flip, at about 1:29 into the song is my favorite part of the flip. I actually REVERSED the chopped loop I had and it just ****ed with the melody and it sounded Ill to me, so I kept it in.***

MY FLIP:

Sample:

hey sample is excellent, i will use it..thanks..

for your beat, to be honest i only can say not bad...

Good beat, a little too much reverb although. I tend to stray away from the orchestral stuff as well, its seems already finished I guess. Those songs lack nothing that I could add except for drums.

nice sample. the flip sounds alright but you got to practice laying down your drums. The kick snare on every beat with little variation doesn't groove with the sample imo. I would consider a try at it again. Try really getting in the zone and finding the natural swing to the flip. Also, I can hear something with a big reverb like that working for this beat but consider finding a better snare, or layering.

I wonder what'd happen if instead of leaving the whole sample alone like usual, if chopping it up would mess it up or still sound decent :/
Better yet, to those who regularly chop stuff up how do you guys chop something up and it would still sound good and not all over the place.

Last edited:
Back