MIX TO WIN Pro Tools and a Puremix Subscription

calimoose

Many people wonder what it's like to sit behind one of the pros and watch them as they take a demo and turn it into a finished track ready for mixing. They want to know if it's all about the expensive gear and plugins or if there are specific things the pros do or a workflow they use that others just don't think about.

Fab Dupont is one of the best in the business, with too many creds to mention here. And now, with the help of the guys at Avid and PureMix, he's letting you sit behind him and watch exactly how he produces a song made by The Arrows in order to realize the true potential of their demo. You will see exactly how he approaches the demo through 6 different episodes, without skipping a beat. Here's a sneak peak:

You can also download the tracks yourself and produce your own version of this song. Share your version on Soundcloud to be automatically entered for a chance to win one of ten copies of Pro Tools 11 along with a 1-year Puremix subscription.

So for the unique opportunity to watch Fab work and learn how to improve your own productions for free, as well as the chance to win a copy of Pro Tools 11 and a Puremix subscription, check out www.avid.com/CreationToMix.

And please don't forget to share your comments and mix/remix with us in this forum. We can’t wait to hear your versions!

Good luck and happy holidays!

Last edited:
This was interesting video.

Glad you enjoyed it. Remember to click here and sign up in order to download the tracks. The tracks alone are an awesome plus, but you can post your own version of the song via Soundcloud for a chance to win PT11 and a one-year subscription to Puremix. No matter what, this is a great chance to hone your music production skills.

You'll also need to sign up to watch episodes 2-6 when they're released. In the meantime, here's episode 1:

Hey guys, episode 2 has now been released and focuses more on developing a new bass line and soft synth themes to improve the song's overall feel. Remember, you can check out Avid Redirect to download all of the tracks and make your own mix. Since the tracks are studio-quality recordings, you have a great opportunity to improve your mixing skills without having to compensate for poorly recorded tracks. Follow the steps and post your mix on soundloud for a chance to win a copy of Pro Tools along with a one-year subscription to PureMix.

And without further adieu, I bring you episode 2:

Any of you think you could come up with the winning mix? Download the tracks and prove it. Until next week, good luck and happy mixing!

Hi, This is my mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh I already have PT11, might do the mix anyway though. Def gonna check out the vids. Seens tons of these done but I love watching people work in Pro Tools.

Ahh I already have PT11, might do the mix anyway though. Def gonna check out the vids. Seens tons of these done but I love watching people work in Pro Tools.

I have Studio One and am not really looking to switch to PT, but my mixing skill scan definitely use some work so I'm just using the tracks for practice, since I know any problems will be due to mixing decisions and not due to sub-standard recording techniques (which isn't always the case in my home studio ;) )

Back