Lamont Dozier - Shine + My flip. (so much potential with this sample)

Nice sample but those drums are terrible. You've got the structure down but I seriously advise watching some tutorials on drum programming.

Nice sample but those drums are terrible. You've got the structure down but I seriously advise watching some tutorials on drum programming.

Do you have any suggestions of any good tut's to watch? and could you advise me on whats so terrible about the drums so I can try to make them better next time?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

An also CuzinQ I like your flip broo, I was originally going to use that part of the verse, but I just loved the piano.

this joint has been posted atleast 100 times. not sayin it to be a prick, just sayin'. its wore the f*ck out. good looks tho

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

nice flip. good eq on it, the bass is a bit off key, either that or its the 808 kick drum u chose... id mess wit the pitch on the 808 kick and try to tune it up a bit. peacee

Do you have any suggestions of any good tut's to watch? and could you advise me on whats so terrible about the drums so I can try to make them better next time?

Sorry about the generic response. The kick drum is okay but the snare doesn't sound great with that sample. I suggest you get some better drum samples. Also the bass kick or 808 style kick isn't in tune with the rest of the beat and puts me off. Drums sound very on grid and robotic (not always a bad thing). I'm assuming you are using FL Studio so Warbeats > Home is probably the best tutorial site for you.

Yeah I did use an 808 drum.. listening back now I see it doesn't quite fit. Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

Also sorry for posting the sample again, I only just joined the site. I've been a few pages back in this section an didn't see it.

Back