Kendrick Lamar Chill Type Sample

I like the original better. The drums have more depth to them. It seems like you didn't flip much at all, but rather took an already flipped sample and added some drums. Either way, good practice! Keep it up, but try to keep it more original.

I like this.. I've never heard the original so I dont really have anything to compare it with but good job.

Its called loop sampling I time stretched it pitched it and removed the bassline will soon add my own bassline

Its called loop sampling I time stretched it pitched it and removed the bassline will soon add my own bassline

What he's saying is you're not loop-sampling an "original" song, you're loop-sampling someone else's flip of a song -- which is still done and a viable option, but it gets you more and more into a grey area because now your beat is a loop-sample of a sample flip of an original song.
Just something to be aware of because, even though a lot of us flip and use samples illegally, I could understand animosity from other producers if you take someone else's flip and just switch in your own drums/bassline/etc but keep their body.
Like I said, it' becomes quite a grey area.

What he's saying is you're not loop-sampling an "original" song, you're loop-sampling someone else's flip of a song -- which is still done and a viable option, but it gets you more and more into a grey area because now your beat is a loop-sample of a sample flip of an original song.
Just something to be aware of because, even though a lot of us flip and use samples illegally, I could understand animosity from other producers if you take someone else's flip and just switch in your own drums/bassline/etc but keep their body.
Like I said, it' becomes quite a grey area.

I kind of agree...I'm personally not into "reworking" a sample-based beat/song. But there are a bunch of young producers doing it these days, and some with great success. So I am gonna say there is no problem with this type of thing...but keep in mind this is not a sampled beat, this type of thing is referred to as a "rework". As long as you give credit to the original artists in the title of your reworked song there shouldn't be any issue. This type of thing has the potential to be quite fun and I did have fun doing this once; just not something I normally go for. Anyways have fun guys! Two young producers that I enjoy who do this type of thing are Oshi and Gylzey.

Damn the video got removed what was the sample

If I had to guess, which I did, it was Kehlani - Get Away. At least that's what I came up with through the title of what you can see from the broken link and the fact that OP used the word "away" in his flip title..

Anyways, I gave it a shot but I'm bad at this

flip:
https://soundcloud.com/bryanmahoney/that-aint-no-word

link to what will hopefully be the right sample:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRCloGj-NRE

Back