FP Flip This Battle # 44

nubash

prod.by.nubash
FP Flip This Battle # 44

Rules:

Entering the battle

You may enter only one beat.
Entry beat must mainly consist of the sample material provided. Other than having a provided sample act the main part, there are no restrictions so do what you feel like doing.
Maximum length of the beat is 1:30 ( 1 minute 30 seconds )
Entering the battle happens by posting a soundcloud link or player in this thread. So no Soundclick, Youtube, DivShare etc. Soundcloud only!
Entry will be closed on Friday September 30th.

Voting

Voting will happen in a new thread.
All battle participants MUST vote. Not voting results in disqualification. Again, there will be a time limit of a week or so to cast your vote.
We are not using the built in poll system. Instead, everyone will pick their top 3. First will get three points, second gets two points and third one point. All votes must go to other participants, so no self-voting. Points will be calculated in the end.
If the voting ends in a tie between two or more participants, a mod will step in to act as a tiebreaker.

The winner will set up the next battle by copy-pasting the rules, picking new samples, setting new time limits and starting a new thread. The winner may also take part in the next battle so getting to choose the samples is somewhat a home field advantage.

FP admins will add the winner of the battle to a new exclusive usergroup declaring him/her as a champion. It will be visible below your screen name instead of "Registered User" unless you have set a custom one in profile settings

Sample 1

Sample 2

Hey guys, thought I'd jump in and challenge myself with this one.
I used sample: Jae mason - lovely woman

I didn't use any of my own drums, I took drums from the actual sample and messed with them (there's a snare and kick at the start) but no hi hat. so I took a snare and pitched that ***** right up and added some reverb... turns out you can create drums out of anything. Ran it all through an EQ and slapped some heavy side chaining on it. Viola!

yo bro sick loop for the 2nd beat, do you mind sending me the loop it self you used i gotta few ideas for the way you flipped it, if your down with that or what not... ill flip what u made and post it with you as a co-producer lol

Back