Flip this dope Jazzy Miles Davis sample

Very dope sample and awesome flip mate,I did some chopping and looping on this one,I also added my own sax!

Here's My Flip:

Yo huxfluxarn! Took a look, ur flip is nice too. I just think that sometimes your chops sound a little empty, i dunno. maybe you could put another chop to compensate. Also, you can use a limiter,or maybe a compressor, just slightly, when the brass hits, just so you can manage that spike of volume.

Thanks for trying the sample, i really love jazzy samples, specially miles davis' .

Yo huxfluxarn! Took a look, ur flip is nice too. I just think that sometimes your chops sound a little empty, i dunno. maybe you could put another chop to compensate. Also, you can use a limiter,or maybe a compressor, just slightly, when the brass hits, just so you can manage that spike of volume.

Thanks for trying the sample, i really love jazzy samples, specially miles davis' .

Thanks for your feedback, I'm gonna think about that. I was kind of going for that empty sound but it might been a little bit too much emptiness. I Find it quite hard to find a good matching sample to play at the same time, but I thats a part of the practice!

Do you mean to but a limiter or compressor on the main output or on the actual brass?

If you separated the brass sample in a track of its own, i'd put it on the track mixer. If nah, you could send the effect , in this case, the limiter or the compressor, for the pads u assigned your brass sample, assuming you have a drum machine...

The limiter is kind of a heavier compression , it squashes everything above the threshold, so aware. it could mess your mix up if you dont know how to use it properly, even compression can sometimes mess everything up if you use too much

Last edited:
Back