Flip this battle #25

Status
Not open for further replies.

yokuzin

Much Love. Peace!
FP Flip This Battle # 25

Rules
Entering the battle

You may enter only one beat. Change-ups are welcome.
Entry beat must mainly consist of the sample material provided. Other than having a provided sample act the main part, there are no restrictions so do what you feel like doing.
Maximum length of the beat is 1 minute 30 seconds
Entering the battle happens by posting a Soundcloud link or player in this thread. So no Soundclick, Youtube, DivShare etc. Soundcloud only!
Entry will be closed on Sunday 12 July 9pm my time Current local time in Huntsville, Alabama, U.S.A.). Plenty of time to put together something decent.

Voting

Voting will happen in a new thread.
All battle participants MUST vote. Not voting results in disqualification. Again, there will be a time limit of a week or so to cast your vote.
We are not using the built in poll system. Instead, everyone will pick their top 3. First will get three points, second gets two points and third one point. All votes must go to other participants, so no self-voting. Points will be calculated in the end.
If the voting ends in a tie between two or more participants, a mod will step in to act as a tiebreaker.

The winner will set up the next battle by copy-pasting the rules, picking new samples, setting new time limits and starting a new thread. The winner may also take part in the next battle so getting to choose the samples is somewhat a home field advantage.

FP admins will add the winner of the battle to an exclusive usergroup declaring him/her as a champion. It will be visible below your screen name instead of "Registered User" unless you have set a custom one in profile settings.

Samples:

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd video shows as not available to me - could be a region thing is there an alternative version available

yea, its not available for me too (but i found it somehow) ... sorry man i cant find a convenient sound for me from your samples (maybe only 3rd but dunno) so ill skip this battle, good luck to all !

yea, its not available for me too (but i found it somehow) ... sorry man i cant find a convenient sound for me from your samples (maybe only 3rd but dunno) so ill skip this battle, good luck to all !

Same, but I still flipped the first one. Maybe I will go for the 3rd one once a proper link is posted. But yea YoKuzin is trying to get us to think outside of the box with these samples... I like lol

Same, but I still flipped the first one. Maybe I will go for the 3rd one once a proper link is posted. But yea YoKuzin is trying to get us to think outside of the box with these samples... I like lol
i dont know..in my vision, ill do 3rd loop sample (what is totally unoriginal for flip battle) and then add some vocals from first song/acapella...not my style, just becouse of that

@bandcoach, have you recieved any pm? becouse i sent it to you, but at 'Sent items' there is big '0'

3rd video shows as not available to me - could be a region thing is there an alternative version available

Wow it's the only video with just that song.
3:28

Oh well...yall let me know if you want to use this video or find a new sample.

3:28 - 8:12 for the whole of that track found me some new great listening based on what I have heard so far

Whats confusing is... for the 3rd sample, can we take from any part of it, or just the song you had posted originally?

Any part of the song. I always look at the youtube videos as more as demo of what to sample. If a person wanted to sample from spotify or whatever....why not?

My Flip!

Hello All! Awesome sample choices it was hard to decide between!
This is my flip:

Good Luck to All!!

Last edited:
sup, I didn't felt the samples too much but wanted to join the battle anyway..

I fliped the first sampled, drums and bass.. I think this is a throw away beat and I decided to post it just to get some feedback in this battle.. thanks and good luck y'all. peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back