Flip This - Alan Parsons Project

I used Maximus, I'll definitely play around with the EQ for the snare.

Thanks for the tip, going to try that right now.
Yea like jus mess with maximus because I think its a bit too strong and yea with the snare just put parametric EQ 2 or blood overdrive and try to beef the sound up a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, study how your favorite instrumentals from (preferably professional) producers sound and study how they sound in your setup you make beats on. Then try your best to get as close to that as possible. Like pay attention to how the kick is hitting, how the snare is hitting, how the sample is EQ'd, where everything sits in relation to each other, etc. etc.. Just study.
It's easier to mix when you understand your speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay so i gave it a shot. i'm not sure about whether or not i like the snare sound yet.

http://www.divshare.com/download/11157441-61d
im on my laptop which has shitty speakers so i cant tell the EQ quality at the moment, but the snare sounds a little better, just kinda flat imo.. Keep messin' with that snare maybe put a little reeverb on it and just play around with the sound in the parametric EQ to make it sound a little less flat. still tight tho.. im feelin' this shit. :cheers:

im on my laptop which has shitty speakers so i cant tell the EQ quality at the moment, but the snare sounds a little better, just kinda flat imo.. Keep messin' with that snare maybe put a little reeverb on it and just play around with the sound in the parametric EQ to make it sound a little less flat. still tight tho.. im feelin' this shit. :cheers:

thanks for all the guidance, yeah i need to get the snare to pop. and gilson thanks for those tips about using professional produced beats and comparing and contrasting sounds, that is going to help tons.

thanks again guys.

Here's my shot at it....feel like the kick is too loud(limited in my monitoring options). Also feel like it drags a little at the end of each sequence but here's what I have for now.

www *divshare* com/download/11159279-cdd

Damn. This shit bangs. That verse was dope as hell too. Proud to call you my partner in blogging Gilson. Ha.

Back