4 Samples. Flip these!

i'm in.....see you all on the other side lol

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

MY FLIP

How are you guys who are planning to flip all 4 getting round the fact that they're all in different keys/using different chords? I realize this may sound like a proper dumb noob Q, and may be obvious to some, but I am a noob so bear with me please guys?

How are you guys who are planning to flip all 4 getting round the fact that they're all in different keys/using different chords? I realize this may sound like a proper dumb noob Q, and may be obvious to some, but I am a noob so bear with me please guys?

Well you can pitch anything up a down a key if its the same scale. 1 semitone is half a step on the piano. All of these were on minor scales so i pitched accordingly. Two songs were in Am, one was in Gm, and the other was Gm. So, say you wanted ALL the songs to be A minor, you'd pitch up G♭m two semitones, and Gm one semitone...and then they'd all be in the same key.

Last edited:

Music theory and hip hop doesn't get along. Take parts that you "can make fit". If you must have a part of a song then make it fit.

Especially in these days in time with technology vs the old sample machines of back in the day. You can stretch your chops on demand now and make anything fit where as before they had to change the whole beat (bpm, pitch, ect) just to make that "one part of a different sample" that felt important...fit. It's a different work around today because now you can just make the chops fit on demand (as long as you have an ear for how you want them to sound). No different than using a vacation picture and cutting out only the water just to make a texture for the "main piece of art" you have put together.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Bro.

Yes.

Fire.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back