Where to find a 1210 tonearm in Europe ?

G

gjaman

Hi,

i'm looking for a 1200/1210 tonearm because mine seems broken. I found some on "1200s.com" but the shipping is tooooo much expensive. i'm looking for an online store in Europe (UK or, better, France) who sells this.
thaaaaaaaanks!!!

www.htfr.com in the UK sell them. You could also try www.thomann.de, I'm not sure about them though. However, any well-stocked hi-fi and/or DJ gear retailer should be able to order one for you without any problems.

tech parts

i just ordered some parts directly from Panasonic. http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/ this site is for the US only, but if you go to www.panasonic.com and click on global, you can pick from the selections in europe and see if they offer parts to the public like they do in the US. they had the best prices i could find and they shipped to me in like 4 days. btw, you can use 1200s.com as a starting point to look up the exact part numbers. good luck - jeff h

thank you all, i'm gonna order it via HTFR, seems the less expensive.
BTW, i got a silly question : i never changed a tonearm before, how must i do ?
thanks a lot

if i remember its quite complex. why not just take it to a shop and get them to do it??? if they stuff it they'll have to fix it. are people scared of going to real shops now a days?

yeah you're right, but, where i live, no shops are able to do this. there is a music store in my town (where i buy vinyls), but the guy isn't really expert with TT's. That's why i ordered the tonearm online.
no one knows how to remove a tonearm and put it back ???

oh sorry i assumed u were in the city when u say ur in paris...... why not just take a day trip into the city and drop it off in the morning pick it up in the afternoon.....

i live in a small town near Paris (app. 1500 people). i could bring my TT in a shop in Paris but nowadays Paris is not what it used to be. a month ago i bought a mixer in a shop on the champs-elysées, when i stepped off the shop 2 guys put a gun in front of my face to steal them (!!!). i think i won't walk alone in Paris with a TT in my hands...

Back