where to buy an empath

T

TheAgent

I'm thinking about picking up an Empath. Anyone know a reputable store with a good price on them?

I've seen $800 at some places (www.djtronix.com and a couple others) but they seem pretty shady even though I've not found any stories of people actually getting ripped off yet... Would rather not order from such a place but the full $1k price at most stores is pushing it a bit.

Dunno' about where exactly to buy, but I know that TurntableLab has them for $900. One thing though, even though you may not get ripped off by djtronix, places like this are often not factory-authorized to sell the products. This is extremely important if you want to get the manufacturer's warranty.

Although the Rane may never ever need servicing, it would be good to know that you are able to take advantage of the warranty if need be. It appears (from reading the stuff on their website) that they warranty any product sold, but quite a few companies won't honor warranties for their products unless it was sold via a factory-authorized dealer.

So, even though you may save $XXX for Y gear over at Z store, will you get support after the sale?

Turntablelab looks like a decent compromise between price and lack of shadiness, I seem to remember hearing good things about them a while back but I had forgotten about it. I'll probably end up ordering from there, thanks for the tip. :)

Back