Velocity Sensitive?

D

dj /-/2o

What the hell does this mean?

The faster you throw the crossfader the sharper the cut in time?
LoL, i cant come up with anything else.

A little help.

PS..its on the new Numark PPD01 mixer.

Velocity Sensitive means that the sound changes depending on how hard the fader is moved. i don't know how that works in the PPD-1, but a common place you see velocity sensitive stuff is on synthesizer keys or drum machine pads. like the volume and tone of the sound changes depending on how hard you hit the key.

hope that helps,
sim*n

i know what it means, just curious as to how theyd implement it into a fader...

I am not certain what this means in relation to a fader either. Maybe it sharpens the curve it you move the fader faster. So if you did a long, drawn out crossfader mix, and nudged the fader from one side the other over the course of a couple of minutes, the curve would be gentle. But then if you were doing orbits, the curve would shapen considerably so you could have a scratching curve. That is the only thing I can think of that makes sense to me. Has anone used the mixer? $400 for a Numark mixer that is supposed to really raise the bar does not fill me with confidence...
-Peasant Nikon

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's for the effects. You can control fx with the crossfader and you can maybe assign (example) low-pass cutoff parameter to the velocity of the fader...

Back