Uploading a Mix

yaron

I'd like to upload a mix (about an hour long, mp3) so u guys could listen.. what's the easy way to do it?

Thanx

:confused:

An hour long?Im sure its good mate, but I highly doubt anyone will listen to it all. sorry.

I've just uploaded mine. I've encoded it as Real Audio file. Although the quality is seriously degraded - it's still perfectly listenable - and whats more - a 1hr 13min mix is only 8MB!!!! A 1hr MP3 at decent quality will be MUCH larger than 8MB.

I uploaded the file to some webspace I have set aside.

Carnage said:
An hour long?Im sure its good mate, but I highly doubt anyone will listen to it all. sorry.

I totally disagree. if it's good, people will go on listening til the end, won't they?
anyway, what's the point of making a shorter mix? i mean, 30 minutes mix will only have 4-5 tracks... it's too short imho.
just think about it...

:bat:

ukcoolat said:

I uploaded the file to some webspace I have set aside.

Great!... now how can i get a free web space for my mix, and more important, how can i convert the MP3 file into RM?

what's the point of making a shorter mix? i mean, 30 minutes mix will only have 4-5 tracks...

You dont have to put up the whole mix

I totally disagree. if it's good, people will go on listening til the end, won't they?

I'd only go on listening to it it its extremely damn good.

just think about it...

Anyway, put it up and see who listens to it all the way through.

Well, you've got to find a webhost that will allow you to keep mp3 files on their server. The free ones typically a) don't allow mp3 files and b) only give you 5-10 MBs of space.
You'll probably have to buy some webspace from some other host, and get at least 50MBs of space. I can personally recommend www.dreamhost.com - we keep phuturesoul.com on their servers and they're awesome. You can get an account of 150MB webspace, 20GB traffic, a domain and tons of other sh!t for less than 10 bucks a month + a one time fee of $24.95 or something. I can't praise them enough.

Carnage said:

You dont have to put up the whole mix

I'd only go on listening to it it its extremely damn good.

just think about it...

Anyway, put it up and see who listens to it all the way through.

this is off -topic, but whatever , all of the Dj sets/mixes I heard in my life, were at least 60 minutes long. every single one of them. donesn't matter if it's a famous dj or a bedroom dj. That's what a dj-set is all about - it has a plan. So i see no point in uploading only part of the set... Im talking about House Music (progressive house). i don't know about other genres...
plus, the fact that the set is one hour long, doesnt mean you have to listen to it all, right? you can do whatever you want, but if you liked it, then you'd have the chance to go on listening.

:hello:

Back