is an upgrade necessary after mdr700?

groovechampion

ive got a pair of mdr700, and was wondering if an upgrade to a sennhieser is worthwhile?
i have noticed cracks on the sony's, and im still glad ive got em. their good phones.
just wanted 2 know if the 280's r better than the hd 25?
the 25's r more popular...
r the sennhieser's clearer than the sony's?
thanks...
and its all 4 dj use, bedroom...

thanks

I have a pair of the 280's and I love them. They dont fatigue my ears as much as the sony's. I've never owned sony's, but when I have used them, they bug. They smash my ears and after an hour or so, my ears hurt.

The only problem with the 280's is that they are kinda large and look kinda funny when I where them, but thats just aesthetics and not a reason not to buy.

The Sennheiser HD-280's and the HD-25's are, from my research, fine pairs of DJ cans. Either of them would be much better than the V700's.

Check out past threads here, and I would also suggest (as I always do) to check out Head-Fi, as these kids have talked in-depth about all these models to quite extensive length. Their archives are an extremely valuable database of headphone knowledge, which will serve you well.

im sticking w/ the hd280 yeah.... those are more comftorable to me

It better not be necessary because I just bought a new pair gzz

i love my mdrs....my only complaint is that they aren't the most comfortable things to wear for long periods of time...

i've tried the Sen's and the truth is in a club environment, they just aren't loud enough for me at times...

to each his own :)

Back