Under 21

D

dj /-/2o

If your under 21 are you allowed to dj at a club where alcohol is served?

Just wonderin' to see if i have to wait 6 years.:p

Haha..why thank you.:)

Also, Im takin that is a YES to my question.
Oh well..parties it is!

i play drums in a band, and it's not like they're going to card you when you bring your equipment in. think about it.

i KNOW IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON ANYONE INVOLVED IN THE entertainment side of things is ok to go into bars and do there thing....that is what I have read anyways .

i know the answer :)

I have spun at a few clubs in LA..and when DJing..never been carded....dont worry..the promoters will take care of the talent...

think of it this way....No you..No show..No money..and they want money..so they want u :)

Over here in England the age of legal alcohol purchase is 18. So you'd be fine H20.

in Belgium its 16 years, but there are lot of younger people allowed.

in england, you're allowed into pubs when 14 unaccompanied to buy soft drinks, but a lot of places wont let you in till you're 18

I dunno i'm 16 and i've been given a set at a club which is usually over 18s and the organisers know what my age is, i think they just won't let u buy beer. U should be fine h20

Nice..NOT LIKE I LANDED A GIG!
lol

Just lookin' into the future.:D

Ha Ha the good ol' U S of A where you are old enough to be executed for using using a gun at 13, buy your own at 18 but have to wait 3 years more 'till you can drink the beer out of the tin cans before you shoot holes in them.

No, most places really won't give a **** I'm 21 and I've never been carded at ANY club that i've had to play at. But i'm always carded for smokes. Infact, the last 2 places I can think of, I could have snuck God knows what through security. You can get away with lots of ****... Just don't try to buy any liquor.

So being 15 I could land a gig at a club?

Now, how would I go about this.

Step 1: get over 50 records.

DAM!

I had my first gig at an establishment serving alcohol when I was in my sophomore year of high school. I have never had a problem, and there was no way that I could have been mistaken fro over 21 at that time. Go and play, and if you get in trouble, you are young anyway, so you should be fine.
-Peasant Nikon

Ya, Im guessin id have to send in some mixtapes to some clubs.

I'll probably look into this when im 16, and can get my drive on, seeing as ill be more mobile.

Also, are you allowed to bring your own equipment?

I know you can bring like slipmats, records, carts, etc.

But whata bout turntable(s)?

There is no reason to bring your own turntables to a club. They will have 1200s there, and if something is not working, it is the sound tech's problem, not yours. Lugging around 100+ pounds of technics goodness is also not fun. There is no point beating up your own tables and taking the time to set them up.
-Peasant Nikon

I mean like what If i fell in love with a Vestax, is it prohibited to bring it?, or stupid to even ask?

Not like it would be a big deal, im sure a transfer from vestax to techs wouldnt be ESCRUCIATING (big words)

I know Im probably gona get a "that is why you should have techs at home" response, but im not down with getting turntables just to prepare to play at a club.

I wana expand my creativeness.

But thats off topic.

Report back to 1st two lines of post.

Back