UMX-5 vs UMX-7

C

cosmique

Whats the difference between these two Gemini battle mixers? The size and the price are the only differences I know. What about the features? UMX-7 is loaded with more features than UMX-5??? Thanks! :D

UMX 7 has more features?

I thought the only difference between 5 and 7 was the largeness of the mixer. The UMX 7 is like a 10" mixer while the umx 5 is like 6".

Correct me if im wrong.

Thats what I'm asking man... i'd like to know if UMX7 has more features. Thanks folks. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not positive, but I thought they were like the Vestax 05 and 06. Essentially the same beast, but one is wider and has a mic input...
-Peasant Nikon

nope, size is the only difference, plus i think theres an extra eq frequency for the mic on the 7

id rather have a 7 tho, the 5 is too skinny for my liking (ill swap a 5 for a 7, anyone?)

If it matters - you can't physically fit a P&G fader into a UMX-5, but you CAN fit one into a UMX-7.

i like my pcv because it doesnt break, i broke two umx faders already, not that there not good they just cant take the beating i give my pcv, my pcv likes to be treated ruff and its wayy smoother then the vca on the umx:monkey:

Lngrunner said:

haha.. i;m sorry what?

is that meant to sarcasm? you need more practice

its all down to personal preference - from a technical point of view, vca IS better, but it depends on the feel you like

I thought that PCV (Plastic Conductive Volume) simply implied that it was a plastic fader (not carbon). I'm sure they still employ the VCA technology which allows the sound to bypass the actual fader.

-Gene

Back