Those Little Car Record thingys...

D

dj /-/2o

Does anybody remember that post awhile back that had those little car things that you put on a record and they like drove on it and played the music.....?

I'm thinkin' this could come in super handy when vinyl shoppin...

yeah, I think that's what it's intended for. I'd like one of those myself, but I have a feeling it kills the vinyl.

i have a fisher price portable record player i got at a thrift store..

i've had a couple if you poke your head into a thrift store now and then you should find one....

its great for taking to thrift stores to listen to records

The little van dealie is called the "vinyl killer." Presumably developed by Yogafrog. They sold them at the turntable lab for a little while...

The_Kid said:
The little van dealie is called the "vinyl killer." Presumably developed by Yogafrog. They sold them at the turntable lab for a little while...

I think those things are really old (way before wavetwisters). They come up on ebay fairly frequently for $25-75.
-Peasant Nikon

The_Kid said:

mabye cos they kill your vinyl?!?

if you wanna use one, you gotta put the record on the floor - you dont wanna do that!

the fisher price option is by far the best imo

funkmasterwikki said:
mabye cos they kill your vinyl?!?

yeah be careful if you buy that

if i owned a record store without decks to preview stuff and i saw some kid with a toy running around on records, first i'd make him pay for all the ones that he ruined, then i'd kick his ***.

but on the other hand, i dont own a small record shop and i'd probably get sued.

I don't know how the record stores are where you guys shop but, the ones I shop in always allow me to listen to records before buying (on their turntables of course).

The van's a nifty little toy though.

-Gene

Call me..umm..whatever you please, but i've never been to one of these nice record stores.
How do they let you listen to the record, do you like open up a copy and pop it on the turntable, or do they have like a certain record for listening purposes?

PS..that vinyl killer is darn expensive:mad:

well , look for a copy that is already opened, and then sample that one. so then if u don't like it, then other people can listen to it and see if they like it. most the time, trying out the music wont' ruin the record.

but i know the kind of store your talk'n about. like i have a virgin megastore around here, and they dont' really let u try out wat ur buy'n (no tables, no pre opened records, all sealed and stacked nicely). so i normally just try to know exactly wat i'm buying when i go there

dj /-/2o said:
Call me..umm..whatever you please, but i've never been to one of these nice record stores.
How do they let you listen to the record, do you like open up a copy and pop it on the turntable, or do they have like a certain record for listening purposes?

PS..that vinyl killer is darn expensive:mad:

h20, you need to get out more!!! specifically, to All City Beats on High Street on the OSU campus, and Roots, down a little farther south on the corner of King and High. they're both awesome vinyl shops with tons of hiphop and plenty of listening stations where you can pre-listen as much vinyl as you want.

peace,
sim*n

Last edited:
LoL Ya i do need to get out more, and get a license!
No one will drive me up to high street.

And ya, some guy at Sound Ideas (dont know if you've heard of them) told me about All City Beats, but got home and couldn't remember the name. I guess the place to go for vinyl is basically High Street, correct?

I need to make a tripsy to High St.

no drivers license? i remember those days... although i was riding my bike instead of djing :p

I bought one a while back!!

I found my old webcam video clip of my Vinyl Killer. I didn't have any problem with it "killing" my records. But then again, I don't use it extensively - it's for giggles!! I bought it for $75 from Japan (Vacuum Records). I like to collect little records gadget... that's why I bought one. If you want to bring something in to a record store, better go with the Vestax Handy Trax. But keep in mind that a lot of record stores might not let you do that! I was thinking about getting the Handy Trax and run a marathon with it!! I'm sure I'll be the first guy to run a marathon while djing!!!!

http://djjinx.hypermart.net/ram/vk.ram

Both Handy Trax and Vinyl Killer are cool toys tho. If you have money left from your tax refund check, why not get them!!

Take care,

Back