technics

P

phishphan577

i have two numark direct drives, but they really are pretty crappy. everyone tells me to get technics, but it is only in my budet to buy one turntable, and since i only scratch with my left hand, does anyone recommend keeping the numark table on the right side and replacing the left table with a 1200? thanks

It would be better to save up and get 2 power-tank Technics.

What's wrong with him replacing his tables one at a time with a Tech? I've done that before. Go ahead, get a Tech for the left and then when you have enough dough grab the other. You'll be glad you did. Plus once you have one it gives you more of an incentive to go get the other so they match.

thanks man, is it just me or do all dj's scratch with only one hand?

I wanna be like Jimmy Hendix on the turntables....Use a left handed deck for my right hand and vise versu....

PHISH

ya that is what im gona do

if i get a technic for x mas tomorrow ima put my gemini direct drive on the left..and scratch on the right with the tech..

until i can save for anuther tech

thats my plan, but what is the point of getting another tech for the hand that you do not scratch with, is it still good to have one even if you do not plan on scratching on it?

exactly!

the only reason you'll want a second tech is for beat juggling or if you discover the wonders of mixing

i personally reckon you should get a pdx2k instead, but get what you're comfortable with

I like Techs...

And Hey!

Maybe if u get the other one and practice u too will be ambidexteous!

Ya...

I just got my ONE Technic and have my gemini on the other side an it works out perfectly for me.

Right now the Gemini is in perfect condition and can live up to 75% of the Technic, and doesn't skip or anything, so i can still experiment with beat juggling, and working on my ambidextrimisssssss...yaa..that..

So just go ahead and get one tech, and it should suit you fine until you get a job, or you get involved in drug sales.
:rolleyes:

and because no one has posted on this in a while,

DID U GET A TECH YET?

not only should you get the tech .... you should put it on the right side

cause you have to be able to skratch with both hands

well you don't HAVE to ... but 99% of the time it'll help alot

(the other 1% is if all you do is skratch in a band or put the skratches over **** your made)

cause you'll be moving back and forth from one deck to the other as far as umm which one has the beats on it and which one you use to skratch ... so unless you wanna just not skratch half the time or always have to play beats on the right handed deck (you don't, trust me...I used to do that)

just pratice at it and you'll get the two handed thing

I'm right handed and learned how to somehow

You could just reach over with your "scratchin hand" to the other table and do it like that if ya had to....I am not saying you shouldnt learn how to use both hands but if ya have to you could do this...

I currentle am having a hard time learning how to scratch with my right hand on the record---I am practising because i too would like to be able to use both hands...Its just frustrating ...but that is what keeps spinnin interesting ...learning new things,right????

Who says you have to learn how to scratch with both hands.

I mean you should have some control..but you dont have to be like as fluent with your left hand as you are with right.

I've never seen someone in a situation where they need to scratch with both hands at the same time.

that is my actuall goal to scratch with both hands at the sametime and use my mouth to flip the crossfader---now wouldnt that be great...
If you dont wanna use your hand at all you could just use your foot or shoe like Dj flave---a locall up in seattle does all the time----its quite interesting and fun to watch

thanks man, is it just me or do all dj's scratch with only one hand?

I scratch with both hands, the only annoying thing is I cant do on my left hand what I can on my right (and vice versa):monkey:

Back