Setting up just DJ Mixer with soundcard & software (Mac)

waywayout

Hey guys. First post here. I've looked long and hard both here and elsewhere and I can't seem to find information on this.

I have a Numark DXM06 mixer, a Native Instruments "Audio 2 DJ" soundcard, and a Macbook. I'm trying to set these up together with little success.

While I'm looking for information on how to set all of these up, I can't even seem to successfully get my Audio 2 DJ soundcard working. I've connected it via USB and routed it's A and B ports to my speakers and a pair of headphones. The LED light that signals that it's on isn't lighting up. I can't find any configuration within Mac's control panel. System preferences even has an "NI USB Audio" sub category, which isn't showing it's detecting anything. I have installed the drivers for this sound card.

Once I figure this out, I want to connect the soundcard through to my mixer back into speakers so I can use Traktor or Ableton - preferrably Ableton, I'm just not sure how to configure.

My routing is as follows: USB port on mac -> USB chord to Audio 2 DJ, which then routes it's "A" & "B" ports with RCA jacks to the "line" inputs of channel 1 and channel 2 of my Numark DXM06. My speaker jack is then connected to "balanced" L output.

If anyone has dealt with any similar problems and can point me in a direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Try the sound card on another computer. Works? problem with your mac.. Doesnt work? Probably problem with sound card or USB cable...

Back