Sennheiser hd25 vs 280 headphones

DJ Kandy

It's time to chuck my Sony V500s and get some solid phones, but I'm probably gonna order via internet, so I cant try first. So, how do I decide which Sennheiser suits me best?

Budget HD25 is similar price to HD280. How do they compare?

My needs are for DJing in loud club, must be able to swivel and monitor with one ear. I've not mastered headphone-only mix, you cant do it with my Sonys - too much leakage.

So what do you reckon - where should my dollars go??

Dj Kandy:bigeyes:

i own a pair of hd25's (not "budget" sp-model) and i love em to death. can't say i've used the hd280's that much so i can really give you a fair judgement on those.

as for a comparision and what you should decide on, it's really hard without getting to try em first. what it all comes down to with these two excellent phones, is how they fit and how you like em personally. the hd25's gives you more power with maintained quality and crispness. the bass in these ones are just amazing.

the hd280's are a little bigger, so if you got huge ears you should go with em, otherwise the hd25's are truly excellent in every way.

can't tell you which way to go, but you really can't go wrong with two such strong competitors, win:win situation really.

They are both really high on quality, but I chose to get a pair of the HD-280s. I really like the isolation they have. I think both pairs of teh HD 25 would suit anyone very well too. They only thing (and does it really matter?) these phones lack is looks, but the more important build and sound quality is more than enough for me.
-Peasant Nikon

Go for it

My mate has been djing in a club for 15 years now.
and when i asked him about his headphones i could not belive he used his Hd25 's for 7 years. just changed a cable and ear pads!! so go for it i would say. they are the classic!!
I own sony-v700 top of the range and they are so uncomfy. gonna buy HDs when they brake.
George

well, i own 280s and theyre very nice - i got them because theyre half the price on amazon ($74) and excellent nonetheless

I own hd 25.

They sound great. In fact they sound so good, my stereo can't keep up. Since the day I bought em I am searching for a better sounding audio system.
In the beginning the difference in sound quality was almost annoying.

I have also tested the Sony v700dj. They are very nice too, although the sound quality isn't as good as the hd 25.
What I liked about the Sony was it's abilty the rest half on your ear. In this manner you can hear both records playing in one ear. The HD's are too small for this.

Personally I think the black sennheisers look a lot better that the Sony.

In the end I think it would be best to test your headphones first. After all what you like is very personal.

I got sonys and they started braking in less the a year. uuuuh, im stupid, i could get 25s! now they cost the same price as sony here in UK.

Back