RCA cables...

djshy

Just wanted to know what the best RCA cables to use to replace the ones in the Technics......

just found out one of my Tech's RCA's has gone bad........ =(

It really depends on your budget man. You can spend any where from a few bucks to literally $1600 for a top of the line audiophile grade rca cable. Your best bet is to make your own.

-Gene

Hey,
If you do not feel like making our own, I think that monster cables are a good compromise in the cost vs. performance battle. Also, they are sold everywhere, so odds are you will know someone who can get you a discount (which usually means an 75-85% off sale on more expensive cables). If you always keep your decks close, you can get a single two meter cable, and just it in half for two decks...
-Peasant Nikon

Does anyone have a link to a site that explains exactly how to change over the rca cables on a M3D?

No problem. Just be careful with your decks and take all necessary precautions. Let us know how it goes.

-Gene

Ok i am planning on replacing my cables as well,couple questions......

I am thinkin I will just buy one 8 or 12 foot set of the monster cables and cut them in half-----Will this work ?also is 4 feet long enough for each deck or should i definatly go with the 12 footer so i have 6 feet?

also when I look at the back of the box for them it looks like there are individual wires inside the cable----do i just strip all of em and solder them onto the contacts inside my decks?or are there special rca's for this.

thanks for your help......

The more expensive monster cables seem to have internal ground wires in them or whatever the hell they are... I do think they would be a pain in the *** to rip apart and solder, but I am sure it can be done if you spend the time. The cheaper ones are easy to cut in half and use though. I used a single 2M cable for a pair of decks that I have since gotten rid of, and it could have been longer, but with a 10" mixer, it was never a problem. I think that 4 or 6' a deck is more than enough for almost anything.
-Peasant Nikon

Back