People with Xones.....

Carnage

Back with a Boom Clap
Ok, I have a Xone-32 and am getting pretty peeved with it. Dont get me wrong, its a lovely solid kit with brilliant filters. But its the crossfader thats bugging me. It has curve adjustment, but its sharpest curve is shallower than most mixers' crossfaders I ve used: its impossible to scratch. And to the best of my knowledge the hamster switch is only used for people who scratch, and so it seems like a pointless feature (unless you have trouble connecting your decks to the correct in).

Do the 62 and 464s have sharp curves, or am I going to have to move for a DJM500 or PMC37pro.

And why have the gain on the back of the mixer, yet the aux on top?!

why not an empath? :)

im not sure - im guessing you want a 3ch mixer, you may not like this idea, but try out the umx9

The 32 has no sharp curve, its got a normal xfade curve and a club style dipped curve. Its not a scratch mixer and was not designed with any of those applications in mind. I'm pretty sure the hamster or transform buttons are for mobile djs.

The 02 is what you want, or empath if you need 3 channels.

i personally o not favour the xone2 - it doesnt really have anything particularly special about it for the price you pay

id much rather go for a hak or ttm if you want 2 ch's

Well, I just suggested the Xone:02 if he wants to stay in the A&H camp. Otherwise, Carnage, the Empath looks mighty-fine, and I looked into Ecler's SMAC line, and they seem to be great mixers, as well. Pretty sure this would hold true for the HAK's, too.

Oh, and BTW (not that this has anything at all to do with the post), TurntableLab has black-faced DJM-600's right here.

EDIT: Yeah, and about TurntableLab's new Calzone CDJ case...

Turntable Lab
Calzone CDJ Case
price: $149.00
available: yes
item #: acc-148

Top of the line case securely holds CDJ-1000,800, and similarly sized equipments. Includes a hatch door to allow for CD entry. Heavy duty foam lining. Securely holds 80 records. Front and back locks, recessed carrying handle. Lab markings.

...holds my CDJ, and 80 records?? :bigeyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, I need 3 channels.

Forgot about the Empath and thats something else to look at. I would only consider getting another xone (62, 464) if they have bloody sharp curves.

Who wants to buy my xone-32?

Just had a look at the umx9 on the web and damn thats looks fine for its price, just wonder how well built it is.

Looking at the pmc37pro I notice there is no replaceable cross fader (could be dodgy), and am interested as to exactly how the sweep filters work: wonder if they are similar to the xones.

Would be inclined to go for the the vestax as it looks damn sturdy, but am still considering the DJMs as I need extra fiddly bits to keep me entertained. I just noticed I have £300 extra in the bank, so off to the DJ shop on wednesday.

All the faders on the PMC-37 are user-replaceable, you just have to take the face plate off, takes about 10 minutes all in all and only requires a little screwdriver.

Back