Numark TTX1: Awesome Deck!!!

A

Alex TC

I've been playing a club that sports a pair of Techs and another one of the new TTX1, so I've been able to do a side-by-side comparative... the Techs are still strong, reliable and solid as ever, and that feeling will never leave me or any other DJ who've used them for such a long time... you simply know you can trust them anytime.

But even being a stubborn Technics admirer for so long, I think the almighty MK has finally found a serious contender. It's soon to state that the TTX1 are superior, but I must admit I was VERY impressed with it, and I've used it heavily in true club situations.

These decks are incredibly solid, well designed, versatile and I felt that with the TTX1 a serious DJ can really expand his capacity and unleash creativity. All functions perform flawlessly, Numark is playing the big game and eager to win... I heard they are developing a top mixer to follow the TTX1's and it's promised to beat the crap out of the DJM and other top mixers leading the market now.

Yeah, we've heard this before but judging from this decks I'd expect something at least excelent! :p

Even the potential "Achiles Hell" of the TTX1 - which IMHO would be the arm link that allows one to exchange straight-curved tonearms, didn't put me off. Strong torque, uplifted plate, adjustable start-stop times (nuff to play beat-by-beat if you want like in a CD player), BPM counters, pitch display, reverse playback... the list goes on, I found it very solid too, heavier and smoother than the MK2. Sound-wise it's like a Techs or Vestax deck, or even a Gemini. The display and blue lights all over are a pain in dark and smokey booths and can be blinding sometimes...

All in all, I now look Numark and the TTX1 with different eyes, this is serious new age decks for future DJs... the evolution never stops heh?

;)

Good post,

I've heard many good things about these new TTX's and the bad things I've heard: dim target lights, torque issues and wobbling platter (possible caused by tightening the screw too much when changing the different turntable positions), unreliable bpm counter (does not matter to me), and delayed pitch control. But everything, when it first comes out, will have a few bugs. Yet over time the company will iron out these bugs, and I seriously see the TTX's as an excellent option for my next table. And at $360, it seems like it would be an excellent deal.

p.s. -
while you were gone I posted about them -
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread/threadid/23911

Last edited:
Right on Shoe. I think that perhaps Numark's QC must step up a few notches but at least the ones I played with were absolutely spot on. I didn't like the Matrix-like pitch tip and a few toher details but after a few yrs we have certainly got well used to most Technic's flaws to the point they have become "design aspects", "concepts" and even possibly "positive points" rather than flaws, hehehe...:D:D

Of course the reliabillity and durability records for the TTX1 must be set and that takes time and usage (it'll take another 10, 20 yrs to create a new myth and tradition like the MK line has...), and also some good old real-life beating, but the first impressions were... well, impressive, hehehe...:p

numarks been on the up since the alesis purchase. i tried the ttx out a while ago and i thought it was good. but i still didnt feel comfortable on it. i guess im just too used to one deck only. i don't find any reason to trade my techs in for ttx decks. the one thing i didnt like was the different strobe indicator on the side of the deck, put my technique off a touch when pitch bending...plus i didnt like being distracted by lights and readouts all over the place....

Back