Numark CDN-88 dual cd player and a mixer... opinions?

C

cosmique

Hi there! I'm new at these forums. How are you guys?
Does anybody knows something about CDN-88 numark dual cd player? I mean, is it a good player or not? I'm also looking for a 19" mixer under 300$. I plan to use this mixer with the CDN-88, so what do you suggest? Thank you very much...

:confused:

It's a solid deck for learning, I'd say. The jog wheel has a nice feel to it, but some say that the interface is lacking a bit. Important for just stepping up to the plate and being able to play, but no problem at all for someone who is going to use it all the time. However, if you can spend $300 on a mixer, I'd say you have a decent budget. You might want to look into an equally-priced Denon or Pioneer double-deck...it'll be higher quality and more of a workhorse. I mean, it might serve your needs, but...put it another way: if you get a used "professional" deck, it will probably still perform better for longer than a similar lesser brand.

Mixers under $300? Go for a UM...erm, yeah...19". Umm...well, how many channels do you need? Gemini CS-19R? Not many toys (But if they add a corner here, they skip a corner there. Not good.) but I hear it is of the same calibre as the UMX series, which is not only the (ex-)best thing in the Gemini line, but really the only thing you should consider in the Gemini line.

Anyone else? I'm kinda' clueless as far as cheap 19" mixers go. Since you're a newbie, you might want to go digging through past threads about budget mixers. If anything, it'll give you an idea of what's out there and what to look for.

Of course, welcome to FP! :hello:
:cheers:

Last edited:
For <$300, I would go for the Vestax PMC-250. It is now $250, and it is hard to find rack mixers like that for the price.
-Peasant Nikon

Yes, I was thinking about Vestax PMC-250, but, the lowest price is about 350$ and I'm not shure if it is a good mixer... I mean I want to by gear and use it for a long time. I also consider instead of CDN-88 to buy a Pioneer CMX-3000, I like the deck, but the price is too high. Does CMX-3000 worth it or not? I have around 900$, but I want to buy a dual cd deck with BPM counter and a nice mixer... What do you recommend? Thanks guys...

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The PMC-250 is $250 dollars thru the guitar center online site. It is a lot of fun to use, the isolaters are nice, and I cannot think of anything that can even compare with it in a 19" rack for around $300. There are several people on here who own them, and save for a common complaint about the cue system (which can be remedied using the included third channel), they have very positive things to say. What other mixers are you looking at?
-Peasant Nikon

I'm also thinking on buying a DENON DN-X400... Is it a nice 19" mixer or should I look for other brands??? This mixer is around 350$ And what about Stanton RM-100 19" mixer? Thanks!

:bigeyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back