multi channel mixers

P

phishphan577

whats the point of having 3+ channels on a mixer if you only have 2 turntables?

I've got a 3 channel mixer (tho only 5 inputs really, 2 phono and 3 line), and with my 2 cd players and my pc going into it (plus my decks, of course) they're all full and I wish I had more for the other stuff I wanna get.

BS moremoremore G

what does a sampler do and what does a synthesizer do

sampler is a divice that plays a recorded sound, voice, piece of music if you play it over and over and over and so on its called a loop. You also can edit the recorded sound with a sampler. A synthersiser is a electric piano, with many many options.

Last edited by a moderator:
whats the point of having 3+ channels on a mixer if you only have 2 turntables?

whats the point of having 3+ channels on a mixer if you only have 1 turntable?

Carnage said:

whats the point of having 3+ channels on a mixer if you only have 1 turntable?

whats the point of having 1+ channels on a mixer if you only have 1 turntable?

whats the point of having a mixer rather...

Last edited by a moderator:
coz i play on 3 decks consistently and 4 sparingly. plus more channels = more input sources. atm i have 4 1200's, 2cdj 100's, cdj1000 (long term loaner :D), and sampler all running.

meh. i used to have a zillion different devices and racks of FX... now i use a nice simple battle mixer and 3 turntables. i like to keep things simple these days.

-sim*n

some mixes involve playing two tracks at the same time with the fader in the middle, so do any dj's run 3 or 4 beats at the same time?

The more (channels) the merrier, right?
;)

in the beginning, you really don't need more than 3 channels (especially when you learn how to beatmatch, to mix, and all this sh*t). But after a while, you just realize that 3 isn't enough... it just makes life a lot easier when you have some available channels when you want to add more sound sources, that's all.

do any club dj's go to a performance with two turntables and a scratch (2 channel mixer) or is this very unusual. also, is it unusual for say a trance or drum and bass dj to incorporate scratching into their set?

most clubs have their own turntables and mixers.
and scratching in drum 'n bass is usual, i dont know about trance, but dont let it stop you from scratching trance

I have 6 out of 9 inputs on my 3-channel mixer plugged. 2 turntables, 1 CD player, 1 MiniDisc, computer and tape deck. When I use effects, I return the effected signal back into it's own input as well, so I wouldn't mind if those 3 channels were really 7, it would make my life a lot easier.

Back