just a statement about low-priced turntables

DJ Trench

I'm on a very low(actually, i don't have a job) income right now, and I have noticed that the commonly used models are Technics SL1200's or Vestax PDX-2000's. Well, I'd love to have a set of Vestax tables myself, but some people(namely me) can't come by that much money. I've found that the Numark TT200's or TT1625's work well, with the right cartridges. Just spreading the word..

i know what u mean by being broke i could help you out, i got a stanton str8-60 that i dont need so maybe we could work something out... Good luck.

oh yeah bout those "high quality" tables, once you put your hands on them after more than a year of spinning w/ crap you will never turn back. 1200s are still my fav. The pdx's straight arm is hard on vinyl and doesn't sound as good but it's skip proof. and 1200s will be at almost every club and party u may spin at.

im through with straight arms, are u looking for tables? or u just wanted to make a statement,

yeh i hear u chex once u touch high quality u never want to go back, makes **** so much easier, i once had my hands on a 56 and a 12, what a beautiful setup , i went home to my decks and my mixer and i felt like breaking it

im using a 1200m3d, stanton str8-100 i picked up used for $150, and a SK-4 scratch mixer. I mostly spin house now so hopefully soon i will be able to buy a Ecler smac-30, second generation of final scratch, and a Roland D2 groovebox.

Wow you change your mind quickly haha.

But whoohoo on the pdx's. Their nice decks. (so are Techs you bastards)

I feel like I have to stick up for the budget tables because I used a set of Soundlab Dlp32s For three years and learned pretty much everything i know on them, torque was good, they didnt skip and the sound quality was good. They also still work like the day i got them, and have been to many parties etc.. I only got a new set of tables at christmas (TTx1s, which dont deserve the **** they are getting either!) and although there is obviously a difference, it doesnt mean that all cheaper tables are ****, anyone who cant scratch or mix on a set of 'lesser' tables should just keep quiet! But if you have the cash, then splash out and get urself a set of badboy Technics or Vestax, or if your feelin frisky the TTx1!

ahh dude, i was in a similar situation...sept i was just starting out. I'm 16 now, so working is difficult around school n ****, but i saved up a grand over six months (literally didn't spend any money on anything!) and got my pdx's and a pmc05 - this was the best plan i ever had! Crap is crap never go back

Re TTx1s

I really like my TTx's, they are great for scratching (Iv learnt a great deal with them so far) and the only disapointment I have with the tables is with regard to the pitch control which is supposidly digital, but I think that a lot of the bad reception toward the pitch is just from people who havn't taken time to get used to the table, I can mix perfectly with these tables, even if you do need to tweak the record a bit more (which i enjoy doin anyway!). They do take some getting used to but I think its worth it.

oku

i dont care what you guys say, im stickin with my pt2000s till they break (which could be some time!)

when starting out especially, vinyl is the most important thing, and whats the point of having £800 worth of gear and no vinyl as opposed to £300 worth of gear (second hand pt2000's and brand new umx 5) and £500 of vinyl?

i know what id choose :P

of course, dont skimp on needles! you gotta have m447's man :)

and sewer slimes

i know you guys may think im making no point here, but i dont see what having techs would gain me over my current turtables - i use techs a lot of the time, and it feels very similar - granted the techs gear feels "smoother", but there isnt all that much difference (the design of the motor in both turntables is exactly the same!)

I totaly agree with FMW, i have pt2400's and they are built almost exactly like technics, granted they wont last as long, but i got them for under 200 a piece, so thats alot off the cost of tables. Plus i havnt had a problem at all with skipping or sound or power. Anyway im very happy with them, and am glad i got 200 worth of vinyl instead of more table.

yaaaay

in my opinion, gemini make the best by far budget turntable - kicks the *** of any of the stanton or numark etc "budget" offerings!

Back