How to connect Guitar Pedal Effect to a mixer without send/return

blast110

Hello guys,
i have recently bought a BOSS DD7 PEDAL for delay effect. I would like to connect it to my mixer.
The mixer doesnt have send/return holes.

my mixer has: 2 channels (phono/line), booth output, 1 master out XLR, 1 master out RCA, 1 input mic, 1 input aux (with high,medium and low knobs)

i have already tried connecting the master output of the mixer to the input of the pedal and then the output of the pedal to the main speakers, but i cant hear anything.

is there anything i can do with the other holes? there is mic hole, headphone hole, and other...

i know that i didnt choose correctly the pedal, but is there any way to use it ?

thank you very much :)

it`s a pioneer DJM T1.

basically it has already effects, only if you use it with usb device.

i use it without computer, so all the effects knobs and options are disabled. I can only use the 2 channels with their low medium and high.

if you write DJM T1 on google you can see the outputs and inputs of the mixer....

is it possible the dd7 to work with it?

the holes arE: 2 channels (phono/line), booth output, 1 master out XLR, 1 master out RCA, 1 input mic, 1 input aux (with high,medium and low knobs)

You could probably use Cue Monitoring to feed the pedal which is then plugged into the Aux input but it would be a very impractical and counter intuitive solution......if you are working with line level gear you might be able to plug your pedal between it and the mixer but it's not going to work with turntables. The main issue is avoiding feedback, that is to say you can't feed an output back to it's input.

You could probably use Cue Monitoring to feed the pedal which is then plugged into the Aux input but it would be a very impractical and counter intuitive solution......if you are working with line level gear you might be able to plug your pedal between it and the mixer but it's not going to work with turntables. The main issue is avoiding feedback, that is to say you can't feed an output back to it's input.

thank you very much. i solved the problem: i was using the master out rca and it didnt work. Then i used the XLR master output (the main output of the mixer) and now everything is ok :) :)

this pedal is awesome. Unfortunally i dont have send/return so for now everything i play in the mixer passes trough the pedal. but it`s ok for what i want to do :) :)

just one more question: i tried also to connect the pedal in this way: MIXER master out to Input of the pedal, then from the pedal output to the Input Aux of my mixer , and then the Mixer master output 2 (rca) to the speakers. It doenst work because there is a high noise :P

anyway, i think the ebst option is the first one, now everything is ok :) thank you...i can sleep now :D

Back