help me out

alok_g9

i am a rookie interested in djing ( very desperate)
problems :
1. no money : max of 600$ initial investment
2. inclined towards cd players no tt's at all which ones would you suggest
3. suggestions for mixers
4.which format do these cd players support is it the *.cda formt??
5. do i need to pracice on dj softwares to get the hang of it before going for hardware investment???
6.i am an indian. many unfavourable consequences :
a. no hardware dealers here suggest reliable and secure sites
b. *.cda format will suit me est .. no vinyl records sold here
7.can i scrach on cd players

thanks in advance
:confused:

Last edited:
You should probably save up a bit more money and get a pair of Pioneer cdj-100s and a Geminu UMX or Vestax PCV 002 mixer.

All cd players natively play .wav files but some new ones also support MP3s.

You don't need to use dj software before getting hardware. Software tends to do a lot more for you than hardware does.

I don't know how you'll be getting the tunes you want to play w/o buying vinyl. There are sites that will ship internationally though. Talk to Tricky, he's another FP member from India, I'm sure he'll have lots more suggestions for you.

-Gene

gene-pool said:

All cd players natively play .wav files but some new ones also support MP3s.

nah actually they support redbook cd format (*.cda) not wav. wav is still data and not audio. it is however micrrosofts interpretation of redbook cd audio........

Isn't PCM a higher standard, which Microsoft has an interpretation of? Like MS-DOS? Or am I missing something?

alok_g9 said:
i am a rookie interested in djing ( very desperate)
problems :

1. no money : max of 600$ initial investment

look into buying equipment used. www.ebay.com
pioneer cdj-100's and the pioneer cdj-300. numark fusion mixers and axis cd players are good too. stanton and american dj stuff is decent too.

2. inclined towards cd players no tt's at all which ones would you suggest

pioneer cdj-100's and the pioneer djm-300. numark fusion mixers and axis cd players are good too. stanton and american dj stuff is decent too.

3. suggestions for mixers

pioneer djm-300, gemini UMX series, Behringer VMX line, stanton SK line, Vestax pcv-002

4.which format do these cd players support is it the *.cda format??

all cd players support the .wav format. .cda is the same thing; it's just how some computers interpret .wav files found on an audio CD. (.cda stands for "compact disc audio")

some cd players will also support .mp3 format. check each CD players specs to be sure.

5. do i need to pracice on dj softwares to get the hang of it before going for hardware investment???

no, dj software will not teach you the physical and musical skills needed to be a good dj. you need to own and practice on hardware daily for at least a year before you'll become a competent dj.

6.i am an indian. many unfavourable consequences :
a. no hardware dealers here suggest reliable and secure sites
b. *.cda format will suit me est .. no vinyl records sold here

yeah uhhh ask tricky. i'm in the USA so i can't help on that. remember that .cda is the same as .wav tho.

7.can i scrach on cd players

yes, but not at the price range you're talking about. there are several "scratching" CD players out there but they alone will cost $800 and up. it is a relatively new feature and only found on the most expensive CD players available.

thanks in advance
:confused: [/B]

good luck!
-sim*n

Back