Headphones Question: Shure srh 750 or Skullcandy Aviator Roc Nation?

d3mncln3r

Ok, I know there is a lot of flaming on Skullcandy headphones, but these Aviator Roc Nation (white) have actually seen some pretty favorable reviews... but anyway:

I got the skullcandy's as a gift, but I've heard the Shure DJ headphones are far superior for DJing. I have two technics turntables and super-CRAPPY computer desktop speakers I use with them. No plans on buying any huge PA system or monitors any time soon. That's why I'm thinking about the SRH 750's

I would basically sell the Skullcandy's and buy the Shure's.

Think its a good idea? Are Shure's that much better? I also use a firewire mixer with my turntables, guitar, and other stuff to make music with cubase and reason on my computer.

Which are best? Maybe something else entirely? Thanks for the feedback!

yeaaaaaaa i would definently get away from the skullcandys. shures are usually pretty good, but if this is going to be your primary means of hearing things since you said your speakers suck, i would do more research. the general internet is alot more helpful then forums, to be honest...

I wouldn't suggest going for skullcandy for anything besides a pair of cans you lug around with your ipod.
Aviators are NOT meant for djing, in any light.
You could sell them, but look for different price tags on headphones, see what kind of bang you can get for your buck.
Although I've heard very good things from the SRH series.

Last edited:
skullcandys are like beats to me. it really is just the hype, but i don't think they are producing/mixing material... (that is if you like mixing with headphones. hey i know a few! :P)

I'de have to agree with Chen, mostly just name-sake that you pay for with Skullcandys. All in all the Skullcandys arent that bad, they are crisp, clean, but LACK on low end in my opinion. Side by side, you'll notice a night and day difference. While the Skully's do get a little bit louder for overall volume or db level, frequency response much better on the Shure 750s. MUCH BETTER. Better lows, mids, and highs. And less distortion and roll off at higher volumes, which will also come from them having the better frequency curve and being able to handle all frequencies pretty well no matter what the volume. But, to each thier own, some go with Skullys or Beats only becuase some big name endorses them (and gets a nice little side paycheck for doing so).... sell the Skullys and buy them Shures!!!

Stay away from Skullcandy, Beats, or any of those products aimed at consumers and marketed with eye catching designs. If those are the only ones you're considering than you should go with Shure. That is a VERY reputable company that's known for their amazing/industry standard microphones. The others are toys compared to it.

You should also consider Sennheiser or even Sony. The Sony MDR7506's have been a staple in the audio industry for a very long time and those cans last forever if you take care of them.

The Sony's may have been replaced with the 7510's, not really sure...

I would say my experience with skullcandy is that they are made cheap and break ... but i go through headphones In would go with shure. and i just scored some really nice hd Sennheiser's first pair of these and they sound great:)

i agree with the above post.. i use sennheiser HD 205's that i bought for like $50 and they sound great, even in clubs with the volume all the way up

Back