Is having a Mac Book really necessary?

Pianoman281

I want to get into djing. Im not a begginer per say but I've never used any equipment as far as a controller or turntables. I've rocked college parties and kickbacks off of virtual dj alone. The controller Im set on getting is the DDJ-SX. I never got into djing that much because I was more in to producing. I see producing as my main thing and I use FL so I have a pc laptop. Im currently looking for a new computer before the one I have now dies on me, but im not sure weather or not to go PC or MAC. I dont have a bunch of money to spend on 2 laptops so I was really wondering is having a Mac Book really necessary for djing or is it hype like the whole Android vs Iphone thing?

Last edited:
religion and hype more than fact or need

we don't delete as the discussion is a reasonable thing to be having

windows is fine most of the time but there can be problems where some controllers or software just refuse to work, i had a bcd3000 which constantly bluescreened xp. ended up resorting to an mpd32 and separate soundcard setup and it ran a lot better. if mixxx was supported on more linux distros id change over but only ubuntu seems to run it properly

Back