focus faders

The optical fader created by Dj Focus that comes on some of the Stanton mixers.

There is a focus fader V1 with no curve control (very sharp cut in time, very smooth) and a focus fader v2 with curve control (adjustable cut in time, still very smooth)

So, if you buy a Stanton, try and get one with a focus fader.

I own one and it works very nicely.

PS..if you plan on strictly mixing you probably wont like this fader.

Hope that helped.

so what is so special about a focus fader? i dont understand what you mean by "optical"

Instead of metal touching other metal to "let the mixer know" what is going on, the fader works with lasers, meaning there is no metal contact, nothing is touching, except a lazer, which results in a much smoother crossfader.

It is basically just a crossfader, with no contacts, that uses lasers making it smooth. Also, because it has no contacts, the sound quality can never diminish.

pretty much yeah

except i dont think its lasers, just another form of light which when interrupted tells the mixer the position of the fader

anyone here knows how much a focus fader is for a stanton sk4 mixer?

I'm sure heavy modification will fit a Focus into an SK-4 lol

The sk-4 will most likely accept the smaller sk-6 focus fader... I would stay away from focus faders though. Too many accidents, they cannot curve, and it is hard to transfer to a normal fader once you get used to the focus ones...
-Peasant Nikon

i know the sk-four can take a focus fader the part is CFF-sk5 or something like that. i got one from a friend's old mixer for $30 and it works great :P

I just realized my focus fader (and the rest of them) have
" UGHHHH this sounds like SH*T ! " sound quality...

Gee..shuda gota Rane

Focus fader SUCKS!

Focus fader is rubbish - I've broken two within 2-3 days... I'm going with vestax + a penny + giles crossfader... so so so smooth...

Dude your so full of it.

However crappy the sound quality is, you need to learn how to scratch if you broke 2 in 2-3 days.

Thats not the faders fault, its yours.

Mine is 6 months old with 5 hours of everyday use and is still in the same condition as when i bought it.

?

Oh really.. thats funny because the first focus fader I had lasted me about 3-4 months - that was when I was learning how to skratch... now that I use crabs a lot - and other faster movements - the fader doesn't want to stay smooth. I honestly felt the same way about the focus fader - I mean - it would be the best by far if only it didn't start to stick so quickly.

Its not my fault the fader keep breaking - I spoke to atleast 3 different scratch DJ shops and they said that they've had a huge problem with the focus faders and that they've had to replace a ridiculous amount.

- Also - Stanton have obviously realised this too as their new range of mixers - even the new FOCUS mixer - uses the Penny and Giles crossfader...

I'm not trying to flame people with the focus fader - not at all... I have tried 4 of them - but its got to the point where I'm too pissed off to put up with Stanton anymore...

"Dude your so full of it."

What ? I'm just telling people what actually happened - how does that make me 'full of it'.

Oh and I didn't break 2 in 2-3days ... I broke 2 over a few weeks but the last fader they sent me I broke in around 3 days... Which - as you can imagine - Is why I'm pissed off.

On another note - have you tried the penny + giles crossfader... ?

Stumpy.

i just ordered a stanton smx-501 and from all the talk of the focus faders i am just sticking with the penny & giles faders- i have heard a lot of good things about these P&G's anyways.

hopefully stanton will release a fader in the future like a magnetic one that would be compatible with their smx & sk series of mixers.

AAAAH be nice to focus faders

Dont be so rude....
You know some things work for some people and do not for other...

I got the first sk2fle that enterd the Netherlands (1,5 year ago)
and I am satisfied
ff2 brought light happiness clarity and other stuff into my life....

However I almost got a heart attack when my ff2 broke few months ago, But I opened it and glued back the metal part to the moving particle, and no problems ever since....
It never got sticky...

Hey STUMPY, did you break ff1s or ff2s, maybe it matters...
you know, ff2 does have curve control...
How did your ff break? what were the symptoms?

Hey that's just what i read man.
I mean, come on, if i said i broke TWO faders in THREE days wouldn't you think i had some crazy scratching or was like a body builder on steroids scratchin my heard out....

But he corrected himself so it's all good.

And on the note of P&G...how come they don't have one to drop into a Sk-2F?:cry:

dj /-/2o said:

And on the note of P&G...how come they don't have one to drop into a Sk-2F?:cry:

I'm sure they could and have done it. I mean their dropping P&G faders into Ranes and Vestax so I think they have probably placed one in there.

Back