Denon X 800 Mixer

A

aliquidsoul

I own a Denon 800 Mixer along with a 9000 CD playerand I am encountering a few problems and was hoping that someone with the same mixer could verify that there mixer is the same or if mines has a defect.

The first problem I have is that the headphone volume on the Program vs the Cue is equal. The program volume is so low that when you do a split monito between the program & Cue I can barely hear the program. I have maxed out all the gains and still the program volume is much lower than that of the Cue.

Another thing that I notice is that when I use the Digital Inputs instead of the analog the sound quality and volume seems a little better than the analog. You would think the Digital would sound better. I also think the the mixer output lacks high end fidelty when i compare it to the output of a rane mixer.

The last thing that I notice is the the bottom of the mixer get really hot when left on for long periods of time.

These are a really minor problems and I am not sure if i have a bad mixer or its just the way it is. I really like the mixer but wish the problems above could be resolved. I am in the process of contacting Denon for to see if I can have the mixer checked out.

In feed back with similar issues would be great.

-ASL

-ALS

Originally posted by aliquidsoul

The first problem I have is that the headphone volume on the Program vs the Cue is equal. The program volume is so low that when you do a split monitor between the program & Cue I can barely hear the program. I have maxed out all the gains and still the program volume is much lower than that of the Cue.

Yes, the difference in volume is normal

Another thing that I notice is that when I use the Digital Inputs instead of the analog the sound quality and volume seems a little better than the analog. You would think the Digital would sound better.

The D9000 & X800 uses 24 bit D/A converters. The sound should be about the same in analog or digital

The last thing that I notice is the bottom of the mixer get really hot when left on for long periods of time.

Yes that's normal because of where the transformer resides.

Back