Bright white lights?

C

Chime

Do they make these for 1200s?

I saw the blue and green mods but everybody has those... I want bright white... like car headlights lol... me and my buddy were talkin about it... Anybody have some? Or heard of it?

Ya..that would be sweet.

Know what I was just thinking would be cool (not much improvement on VISIBILITY thou) BLACKLIGHTS!

haha..a blacklight strobe and such..

*hint hint* companys *hint hint*

But i like your bright white idea.

lol blacklights... that's golden... I was thinking of the visibility thing with bright whites, maybe it'd be too bright lol

I'm hoping this isn't just an idea... but a reality :cool:

As am I buddy..

I've been looking for another use for that soldering gun i got for christmas than making "jumbo forks"

ANYBODY KNOW WHERE WE CAN MAKE OUR DREAMS, A REALITY..
Although im not too sure about the black light thing.
Because if you own one, youll see it takes a small period of flicking to come on..this wud be odd when u power up the old tech...to have everything pitch black and then slowly come flicking on...

i like bright white thou...nice..cuz i dont really like "yellow" lights..maybe just a brighter white light for the ...umm..pop up light...that wud be nice too..

anyone know what these lights are called?

i know someone who might be able to help us..

The lights in the 1200 are a couple of different models of LEDs. You can install any color you want as long as you find the same size and resistance. Look up one of the online 1200 manuals to find exactly what you need (I do not remember exactly, but there are seven total lights), and then scour the earth looking for the matching LEDs. Also, the only thing that would really help visibility would be to get a more powerful target light, which would mean lowering resistance, which would mean possibly adversely messing with your table.
-Peasant Nikon

multi color would be cool

but very difficult to get it to work. my guess is those types of LEDs change color based on different voltages so you would have to have a variable resistor for each set of LEDs to raise or lower the voltage to change colors. there is/was a company out there that supplies the the blue LEDs - they hinted that they would be selling kits for white and other colors. sorry, don't have the url handy - jeff h

dj /-/2o said:
Although im not too sure about the black light thing.
Because if you own one, youll see it takes a small period of flicking to come on..this wud be odd when u power up the old tech...to have everything pitch black and then slowly come flicking on...

This wouldn't be the case. The blacklights you're talking about flicker because they are florescent lights. If you bought blacklight LEDs (UV LEDs), they wouldn't flicker on.

Hello you can buy the color changing LED from us they go for about $10 cnd each or $6.70 USD

they are prewired for computers and run off a 12volt dc line.
there is no external circuit used on these LED's
It is all self contained.

Color changing LED

If you are looking for some flash to add to your DJ setup you can look at these LED light bars, The basic ones simply light up and each respective color but Digitalally controled bars will respnd to sound input.

HyperLED bars

MCD refers to the "candle-power" of the LED's. The higher the number, the more lumens the LED will output.

Yeah, verbal's right...fluorescent bulbs, whether they be black light or white light, flicker because the bulb needs to warm up and get all charged to turn on. LED's are on instantly.

I think that black LED's would be cool, but blue is just so classy and cool. I think they would look especially key with those Sure Whitelabels...mmmm....

Also..AMK..that color changing bulb wouldn't be in the best interest seeing as it fades in and out of colors, leaving you in a brief moment of darkness.

I think if i was too do it i would just pick up a blue kit from
www.1200s.com

But its great that you came and talked to us..AMK..i dont know how you heard about my post though? lol

I am too scared to mess around with my baby technic doing it myself...with all the voltages and stuff.

Our web stats system detected the link referal.

Most LED's are 1.5-3.5V your standard LEd's in general are 1.5
High intensity LED's those that have a MCD of 2000-3500.

The higher intensity Led's will work at lower voltages but they will not be as bright.

http://www.datrecords.com/images/Parts/BLK_xl.jpg

If you are speaking of the mod in the link above having a color changing Led would not be effective as a solid color LED.

I will admint I know nothing of hte sidnificance of adding a LED to the dial except for cool factor. If it is used for lighting in dark rooms when playing then a solid color would be prudent.

As a cool effect across the player the color changeing LED would be neat. If there is room have 2 color changers installed since they do not work always at the same timeing there would allways be a light on.

Or you could go with a bit heavier duty light effect
Neon light rope
This is a light string 3 mm thick or about the thickness of a chain that holds down the pens at your local bank.

You can cut /bend twist the neon light rope and practially any direction you want

example one
example two

They are not great pictures but were done in complete darkness with no flash.

For your usage
You could take the rope rope and loop it around the complete turntable. Just glue it in place around the platter. You could even cut a length and attach it to the tone arm.

thanks a lot for that post amkservices, i might try and do some stuff in my room with that neon rope!

with the rope, can you have lots of seperate lengths controlled by one power supply?

also, the leds in a turntable are to show if a platter is rotating at the right speed. The leds strobe at a very high speed and if the platter is moving at the right speed, the dots on it should appear to stay still

are the colour changing leds relient on a continuous current?

The color changers do require a steady current. to stay on the same rotation. It do not think it would be helpfull in your application at all, except to look neat.

With the rope , our kits at least will work with a min of 30 inches on a single transformer to a max. of 30 feet.

You will still need a 12 volt source for the cable as the cable needs a frequncy transformer to light the cable.
You can mix and match all the color on one transformer except for Aqua it works on a different frequency . It looks like crap anyways.

If you can solder you can cut any length splice on a wire lead. The inside of the neon rope kind of look like a coaxial cable. There is a solid core center wire with a pair of thin wires that are like hair and if you not careful you will cut through/or break off.

If you make a solid connection it will not come apart and your solder job is clean.

If you need to make a number of twists and turns you can use a hair drier to warm up the cable slightly and ti will allow you to end the cable and mold it alot easier. We have built dozen's a custom computer cases and lined them with the neon rope and have not had a single disapointed customer.

Can you give me a link to buy that neon stuff?

I think it would be neat to put in my turntable coffin....:D

lights

the super bright s are called photon led s but they
need 3-6 volts to work the more voltage the brighter
but most led s use about 1.5 voltsso check voltage output on the tABLES AND CHECK YOUR OPTIONS

SEARCH FOR PHOTON LEDS ON THE WEB.

Back