who is good for stereo? PAsoeakers

L

Lord_DUB

What are some good speakers for .....in stereo>>>

Looking for PA's or Live monitors.

I want to put on a live show as a music producer. BTW I do like to mix, well just in my truck! ANyways im not a DJ really, I just like to make music.

I'm looking for some Speakers good for stereo and a medium venue in and outdoors.

Hopefully powered.

Thanks. X-WRank.

Hey man,

As a general rule don't perform live in stereo, always mono. Because for example if you have something panned right the audience to the left will miss out. The mix will only sound good to people who are at equal distance from each speaker (a very small amount of the audience). Some argue that in small venues stereo can work, just like we'd listen at home in stereo...on the stereo ha.

However all PA's can produce stereo as long as you have the two speakers.

Also what is your price range?

I'm not really that experienced when it comes to PA but I'm sure specifying what budget you on will help to narrow it down :)

RENT! Unless you're getting into this as a regular gig, which will cost you hundreds and possibly thousands for speakers, your best bet for infrequent gigs is to go to your local sound distributor and rent their gear. You'll also learn what you like better, for instance, I prefer EV mains for top end and JBL or EAW for bass/ bottom end. Get the distributor to set up the sound and EQ it to your venue and go to town. The more you experiment the more you'll understand what works best for you. But in theory, go with the best you can afford. Anytime I've used shit equipment my night usually had failures or lacking due to equipment that didn't need to happen.

Good advice from both gentlemen above except: >>>>However all PA's can produce stereo as long as you have the two speakers.<<<< Not true, for the most part, as far as standard, traditional house systems that use passive speakers, an amp, and mixing board (or amp/mixer combined). With powered speakers, yes, if you send L to one side and right to the other. But for the reasons outlined, most live sound reinforcement is mono. It might even behoove you to make special mono mixes of any backing tracks that you might use live...

GJ

the rent option is also good from a tax point of view - the cost of rental is a deduction that is taken before calculating nett profit (that which you will eventually pay tax on) talk to your accountant (or get one) for more insight into this aspect of performance/profits

Back