whats a good set up?? need help

Tuke Hades Beats

yea im trying to get into DJ'ing mainly for Hosting all i know is get serato.

i know how to sample but trying to get into Blending and screatch Records. i perfer a Digital set up because i have alot and good sound library.

can somebody help cause my mans say i need a Amp and all kinds of bullshit and it confuses me.

budget is bout 500-1000$

You trying to DJ for yourself or shows? for yourself (which I highly recommend you start with)
get some near-field monitors, DJ controller and serato. I would suggest get a small basic controller to see if you enjoy it before you go all out. If you want IMO the best DJ controller for Serato I would say it is the DDJ-SX. But look into pioneer as they have some smaller controllers as well.

You will never need an amp, always buy active speakers as a DJ it will just save you so much hassle. But you won't need these until you are playing your own gigs. But I would say next step after DJing at home is getting some bookings with people who already have systems

The industry standard is - CDJs 2000's x2 & DJM 900

that's way out of your budget but CDJs and a mixer is the way in my opinion. you can still use serato with this set up but you also have the choice to go CD or USB even. - There are many versions of CDJ's just look it up and find one that works best for you.

Decks/CD players are most important any old mixer will do for a bit even if its just a two channel you will get mixing for a while then you can upgrade your mixer.

like all you need is decks and speakers no need for amps and that you can use it but its not necessary for a home/bedroom set up. Just start mixing on something.

Last edited:
If you have access to 1200's (a friend) to play on often, I'd grab a pair of one of these tables: Reloop RP-8000, Stanton ST150, Numark TTXUSB... I say that because the tables I listed have way more options, and are reliable. I've had my pair of Vestax PDX 2000's for about 10 years now and work great.... but Tech's are the standard so you better know how to use em and be comfortable on them.

And your best bet for a mixer would be a used Rane TTM57SL. Scratch live built in, and you can get it for a pretty good price.

Back