What are you Cuttin on?

Y

yukmouth

im on some stanton str-80's prolly ghetto to some of you playas cuttin on Vestax and techs but atleast i got my new vestax mixer step in the right direction , onl think i like bout the str-80s is the mp3 line in my ipod goes through that **** how ghetto is my set compared to yours hah?

Peace!

-SKG

im lookin to get a new set soon lookin at eiter vestaxs wit that nice tonal control or some numark TTX's ive heard theyre actually pretty good , no techs for me too $ and not enough features dare i say a bit outdated no offense to you veterans i salute you

2 x 1200, 2 x 1210, vestax 06, vestax 05, and an old vestax 06t as mixer back up, stanton final scratch 2 and a kaos pad, all does me proud!!

call me old skool, but i wouldnt do anything but technics! ive got a first gemini pt2000 aswell as a standby but ive never needed to use it out!! just comes in handy for the deck sessions and scratchathons!!

peace V

1x vestax pdx 2000 mk2
1x tech 1210 mk2
vestax 07pro mixer
2x m447s

2 x 1210's
1 x DJM 909
2 x M447's
Can't imagine using anything else now....

TTXs should do you well. Not sure where you live but here is a site that sells them for as cheap as you can find:
http://www.electronicsbonanza.com/c...l=99999&idCategory=0&IdSupplier=29&withStock=

I have seen them at $250 on sale which is a ridculous steal. Search around and see what you can find. Just remember to look Here also and check with us before you buy so you dont get jipped.

2 x 1210 MK5s
2 x Shure M44-7
1 x Rane ttm 54i
Serato when i buy it for christmas :)

its probably just me!!

i see all these new toys come out with regards to decks and whatever!! you get tone control, +50 pitch??? all these damn buttons, beat counters,

the list goes on! ok you might be able to have a bit of fun with them!! but where i see it!! beat counters are cheating!! what you gunna do when you first play out after being so used to these??

industry standard 1210s, dont have a beat counter! everywhere ive ever played has either SLs or a very few have vestax!

all these gadgets on a deck and a low price!! to me that says that the overall quality has to be lesser!

the first decks i ever got and i still have are my beloved 1200s, never let me down!! i survice them myself just to keep them in good nick!! you cant do that witha digital one!! if it breaks, your f u c k e d!! with a big bill from the manufacturer, my mates had that with his "SNAZZY" decks,

there are some good products on the market!! and if anyone is intending to get decks for the first time and hasnt got 1000 to splash on the first pair!! e bay!! 1200s 3/400 notes for a pair, sometimes with a mixer!! survice if they need 20/30 notes!! they probably will be fine though! and these will last till you really want to replace them!! theres a good reason that they have been round since the 70s with NO CHANGES to the desighn, and everyone is still comparing their product to SLs

if you want a beat counter!! stick one on the end of your headphones for 60 notes,

i will probably get slated for this!! but ive used a few products in my time and there have always been something which id say, too plasticy feeling, rocky platter, what the hell will you ever use that for...and so on!)

i still cant get my head around why anyone would want to be a cdj, which i dont think i will change my mind to!!

this however is open for desscussion though!! im not closed off to new technology, but these companys do always make the same comparison to same 30 year old record players!

Speaking of newer turntables, I just read an article in Scratch by Roc Raida, and he did a whole bunch of comparisons and stuff sweers the new Gemini TT-04 is better than the TTX and Stanton T.120

Just something to look into.

Yeah man I never would of expected that. I like that mag a lot. I wish it would focus on more old school/underground **** but how would they make any money? lol.

Only one turntable right now
Numark TT-500
Ecler hak 360
Ortofon concorde pro
and for records mainly Toasted marshmello breaks right now.
Looking forward to buy a second tt-500 after christmas!

PEACE!

numark tt200's
shure m447's
vestax pmc 05 samurai (pwuahaha)
vestax pmc 05 II as back up cant wait for those pro x fades to hit america

i got the samurai for 250$ on ebay you couldnt get that kind of price from a blind deaf guy and the fader is sooo smoooth

alot of people rocking the numarks here honestly i think the tt200 and anything else above these series are better than 1200's S arm tone arms make me puke and i hate the platter pattern it hurts my fingers when i go for 180's and any other platter kutts just my opinion

numarks for life

Last edited by a moderator:
i have an 05 pro and an 05 samurai and the samurai is easily cleaner and the faders are digital not optical

i find it hard to beileve that a thousand dollar mixer when it first came out isnt better than the old pmc series

thats like saying a 84 honda is faster than motorcycle

2xTech 1200's
1xTech 1210
2xVestax 05 Pro
1xRane TTM56
1xTech sh dj 1200 mixer
1xStanton sk 2f ltd
2xCDJ 800's
2xM44g's
4Xm44-7's

And I'm going to being investing in some more gear soon. I want to get another pair of PDX 2000's as well as a pair of A1-2's and the new Vestax 08 Pro that's gonna be coming out. After going to a friends house who plays guitar I thought to myself " I don't feel so bad now about wanting to get more turntables." Dude collects guitars. He has almost 40 of them.

digital? optical? either way!! but the cut, even when its on sharp has a real slight curve on it! only really slight. so when your doing crabs/twidles or fast 2 click flares it gives it a sofeter cut sound opposed to the sharpness of the standard pcm,

hes got a technics dmc edition and a samuri, i have a vestax 06 and o5, put them all against each other and that was out findings against the samuri,
i guess it could be due to it needing a new fader whatever, but i had a go with one at our local club too and it was about the same! louder though!!lol

the price is always high on new kit! same as you can but a pc these days for $300 5 years ago the equivelent would have been more like 1500,

2x Vestax PDX2300s

1x Vestax PMC07 Pro mixer

2x Shure M44-7s

Going to be getting some second hand Technics soon i hope, for mixing on, and i still BADLY want a Rane 56i

thats my shiz

Will

Back