What are you Cuttin on?

Farmski said:
digital? optical? either way!! but the cut, even when its on sharp has a real slight curve on it! only really slight. so when your doing crabs/twidles or fast 2 click flares it gives it a sofeter cut sound opposed to the sharpness of the standard pcm,

hes got a technics dmc edition and a samuri, i have a vestax 06 and o5, put them all against each other and that was out findings against the samuri,
i guess it could be due to it needing a new fader whatever, but i had a go with one at our local club too and it was about the same! louder though!!lol

the price is always high on new kit! same as you can but a pc these days for $300 5 years ago the equivelent would have been more like 1500,

5 years is a difference of 1200 dollars i dont think so. prices do not change that fast in that short amout of time

i would only give it a 200 max and even then thats still pushing it.

5 years is a difference of 1200 dollars i dont think so. prices do not change that fast in that short amout of time!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------
if your looking on a comparison of the technology, on a like for like basis!! with a pc! then yes, you would be looking to pay that much then for something which would be, obviously not the same due to componants not being on the market, but for giving you the same processor speed, ram etc!!

like with practically anything on an open market, new things come in and as of then they come down in price!

easy example, x box!! how much were they!! pick one up now for a ton with 3 games!! used to be closer to 400 notes when they first came out!!

just a technology thing!!

i didnt know how much the samuri was when it first came out!! and if it was that much, then people were muggs to buy them!!

you did quote my pc bit though to be fair!!

I believe his $1200 difference comparison was with PC's...

but yea, I dunno, I've heard the samurai's aren't any better than the normal PMC's, definately not worth the money they were when they came out... still an alright mixer though I reckon... but the standard PCV faders don't really have a crisp cut, they have a bit of fade too if you don't mod them...

I'm rocking 2x TTX and 1xPMC-05 Pro, soon to be SA-5

pz!

i wish i used the Rane, i dont think its preference i assume its lack of cash

Will

wlouch said:
i wish i used the Rane, i dont think its preference i assume its lack of cash

Will

i could of said it any better my self

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO glad I didn't sell my TTM 56 after all. I'm just now getting used to it and it's nice. EBAY-$550....not too shabby a deal. Still pro Vestax though. LOL

hell yea rreal vestax is the **** my new PMC-07 Pro isnt doin me wrong!! kicked my old SK6 outta the f*cken scene

2x Numark TT-500
1x Stanton SA-5
2x Shure M44-7
1x Sony MDRV-700 (Headphones)

the pioneer 707 seems to be popular around here. the redtag price has nothing to do with it ha

2 X 1200
pioneer 707
m 44-7s

Back