What Pioneer CDJs & Mixer for all Clubs?

Lord Lav

Hey all!

I've been DJing for a number of years now though only with vinyl and in more recent years with Vinyl and Serato Scratch Live doing mobile DJing.

It's become apparent to me that Vinyl Technics 1210s are no longer the industry standard. The Pioneer CDJs are now the standard in pretty much all clubs.
I want to do more club DJing so I need to be comfortable using the industry standard Pioneer CDJ 2000s and DJM 900 mixer.

The only problem is the above are pretty damn expensive and I don't have the budget for them.

So is there a lower grade version of the Pioneer CDJ 2000s and DJM 900 that I could get that is a lot cheaper but at the same time similar enough that I could rock up to any club with my laptop and Serato and still be comfortable using whatever equipment the club has? Would the Pioneer CDJ 850 + DJM 350 (I know it's the 2 channel version of the mixer) suffice? Or would I need to go up a grade higher on either of those?

I don't tend to go too crazy with effects though it would be nice to incorporate them more into my set. Though that's not essential. It would also be good to have the ability to use rekordbox rather than being reliant on Serato.

Thanks in advance for any advice you peeps can give!

Back