virtual dj'ing question?

D

daTboY

what up fellow muzik lovers,

I have some deejaying experience at a club with an old school setup of two home stereo cd players(one of them was a five disc changer) and a mixer (lol was the resident dj's setup) that I trained under but I plan on purchasing my own and getting real serious with it. I want a more hands on setup (virtual), that I am able to scratch, blend and beatmatch effectively. I plan on getting two numark turntables, a mixer and torq conectiv to go with my laptop. I never virtual deejayed, is this a decent setup? and how hard is it to cue up the next song to play in either deck A or B, is it too awkward to do/ take up a lot of time going thru my digital library while on the 1's and 2's with the crowd jumping?

thx

what you mean is virtual vinyl emulation (since you have hardware that you are manipulating... the songs are on the computer "virual")

i always say, buy cheap buy twice... if you get that setup expect to practice for atleast a few days/weeks/months/years before you "get the crowd jumpin" Your makin a big leap from the "resident djs setup" to a real dj setup.

check your PM

Last edited:
I want to welcome you to the future!!
I have a CONECTIV and an EXPONENT setup and I love em, I have been using the EXPONENT more cuz its easier to take from my desktop to my laptop. But if you are serious about it, I would suggest the NUMARK AXIS9 CD players.
Actually, you can start off with only one of them since this is going to set you back $300 each and the Torq Conectiv is another $275 plus at least $100 for the mixer.
But back to one CD player, Torq has a feature called AMPutate, you can use only one external player to control both decks. Its easy to use, and I did it for a while when one of my AXIS9s was out.
Anyway, you might want to look at the XPONENT. You can get it for $580 at GC and that plus ya laptop is your whole setup minus speakers.

Back