vinyl?

Marquel

Ok I'm a new vinyl digger. I wanted to know what are some good ways to reduce the vinyl pop noise. I have WaveLab and Sound Forge. are there any effects in those programs that will do the trick? any suggestions is appreciated.

Most modern audio apps have pop/click filters. The Cool Edit series (Cool Edit Pro, Cool Edit 2000, Audition) also have pop/click filters. I would suggest finding something specific for this for probably better results.

Also, not too sound trite, but a good record cleaning and stylus cleaning go along way to keep the pops out when playing.

Im no fan of plugs like that. When u use them u always will reduce some audio data that u didn't want to manipulate. If theres a big pop that is too loud (normalisation!!!!) i reduce the db just when it appears and don't touch the rest of the audio material. My 2 cents.

zendog said:
Also, not too sound trite, but a good record cleaning and stylus cleaning go along way to keep the pops out when playing.

Actually, that's probably the best place to start when trying to eliminate pops and crackles on a record. Most of these records we sample are 20+ years old, they've got a lot of dust (not to mention finger grease and skin flecks if you like to scratch) in those grooves. There's one really nice vinyl cleaner, called Groovy Clean or something... it's name escapes me right now. It's well worth it.

Hosey said:
Actually, that's probably the best place to start when trying to eliminate pops and crackles on a record. Most of these records we sample are 20+ years old, they've got a lot of dust (not to mention finger grease and skin flecks if you like to scratch) in those grooves. There's one really nice vinyl cleaner, called Groovy Clean or something... it's name escapes me right now. It's well worth it.

Thats it Groovy Cleaner and it really works and comes with a cleaning cloth too I got my mines at turntablelab.com for $16 and works hella good!!!

thanoblepimp said:
Thats it Groovy Cleaner and it really works and comes with a cleaning cloth too I got my mines at turntablelab.com for $16 and works hella good!!!

hey good looks on that site, it's really well done... recommended

Back