Traktor S4 Problems With Audio Setup

titankingz

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and was looking for somebody to help me troubleshoot my problem.

I recently purchased a Traktor Kontrol S4 and am currently in the process of getting new monitors but am trying to make use of my Logitech Z313's (standard laptop/computer speakers) in the meantime. Now I am having difficulty getting Traktor to detect these speakers (maybe due to the way they are set up).

Because I cant get the speakers to work, I am unable to cue a track while there is already one playing. In other words, If I play the first track through my headphones, the cued track is also playing in my headphones, not through the Logitech's OR my computer speakers. Likewise, if I adjust the audio settings for Traktor to play my tracks through my laptop speakers, I can only hear both tracks playing through there.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it! I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. The way the Logitech speakers are set up (one subwoofer, 2 speakers) and in order to work, only allow me to connect the speakers directly to the subwoofer, while the subwoofer has an additional cable with a volume controller halfway and a 3.5mm jack on the other end to connect to my laptop. In the volume controller, there is only one headphone hole.

**I have both RCA to 3.5mm and 1/4" to 3.5mm cables and have tried routing both and still getting nothing.
Sorry for the long post. Thank you guys in advance!

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-03-2013 at 09:01 PM ----------

Bump...

---------- Post added 08-08-2013 at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-06-2013 at 09:15 PM ----------

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and was looking for somebody to help me troubleshoot my problem.

I recently purchased a Traktor Kontrol S4 and am currently in the process of getting new monitors but am trying to make use of my Logitech Z313's (standard laptop/computer speakers) in the meantime. Now I am having difficulty getting Traktor to detect these speakers (maybe due to the way they are set up).

Because I cant get the speakers to work, I am unable to cue a track while there is already one playing. In other words, If I play the first track through my headphones, the cued track is also playing in my headphones, not through the Logitech's OR my computer speakers. Likewise, if I adjust the audio settings for Traktor to play my tracks through my laptop speakers, I can only hear both tracks playing through there.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it! I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. The way the Logitech speakers are set up (one subwoofer, 2 speakers) and in order to work, only allow me to connect the speakers directly to the subwoofer, while the subwoofer has an additional cable with a volume controller halfway and a 3.5mm jack on the other end to connect to my laptop. In the volume controller, there is only one headphone hole.

**I have both RCA to 3.5mm and 1/4" to 3.5mm cables and have tried routing both and still getting nothing.
Sorry for the long post. Thank you guys in advance!

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-03-2013 at 09:01 PM ----------

BUMP!
Does anybody post on this forum?

Back