Technics1200 2nd cousin?

O

oldskule

Anyone ever used these? (scroll down)
media.nl

I've used Audio Technica cartridges for years and they were always very good... these turntables look interesting. As much as I love Tech-twelves, I've also been happy with higher-end Vestax tables and I'm sure there's others out there making a good table. The price certainly is nicer, I've seen some really appealing pricing while shopping around, eBay for instance (as much as I hate eBay).
--oldskule

i can understand why people are stubborn about 1200's...traditionally they are the best and only to buy. in the last few years however vestax, stanton, and even numark have come out with rivals with more than double the torque of 1200's...technics still have the best wow and flutter that i know of but i have to say i don't notice any audible difference between <.01% and <.02%. i do however notice a big torque difference between technics and the competition. i mean i don't need the 4.7 or whatever my decks are, but if i were to f*ck up a little spinning it's nice to know they have my back. honestly i think vestax makes the best decks right now but i'll battle anybody with technics on my ttx's

ha, id accept ur battle, for me its not about the torque exactly, although the torque on my techs is on point, its more the balance, i can literally bang on my tables and they wot skip, im sure my m447's help, but... i dont know, ill never buy anything else but techs

Gutty502 said:
ha, id accept ur battle, for me its not about the torque exactly, although the torque on my techs is on point, its more the balance, i can literally bang on my tables and they wot skip, im sure my m447's help, but... i dont know, ill never buy anything else but techs

You've hit the nail right on the head.

Thats what sl1200s are...

totally balanced...

other turntables might have higher specs - but nothing can beat the feeling and flow of technics.

Specs

If i may refer to the specs, its a decent recordplayer, but not optimal for dj'purpouses. Wow&flutter for instance.
0.2% on the AT-PL120, vs
0.01% on the SL1210MK2
(sorry bout the 'broken' links, but im too fresh here to post them apparantly.)

audio-technica.com/cms/turntables/c2b92193a60be297/index.html

panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Audio/Technics-DJ/Technics-Analog-Turntables/model.SL-1200MK2PK_11002_7000000000000005702

Easy choice there, but offcourse it all depends on what your cup of tea should taste like. One can offcourse adapt to anything.

:)

I used those back in the days I actually had one 1200 and one of those. They are perfect for mixing however there is a difference in the balancing of these I tended to favor doing my cuts and scratches on the 12's. But they are capable of cutting and scratching without skipping once you get the balancing right.

Back