TECHNICS SL-1200MK2 vs. SL-1200M3D vs. SL-1200MK5S

Dj_BLiZ

Im looking to upgrade my TTs i have now... pair of numark TT200s that have been great for the past 7yrs. but im looking to get some TECHNICS! now i found both the SL-1200MK2 and SL-1200M3D and SL-1200 MK5S online but whats the Diff??? by the way they are all going for $300 new!

SL-1200 mk2 doesn't have a rest button. It has a click at zero.

The m3d and mk5 have the rest button and no click at zero.

The mk5 has more torque then the other two. Blue LEDs. Both a +/-8% and +/-16% pitch adjustment. The numbers for the amount of pitch adjustment are now lit up with blue LEDs and a second button next to the pitch reset button allows you to switch between the two levels of pitch adjustment. There are two columns of numbers, 2/4/6/8 and 4/8/12/16, and each press of the button switches between the two columns and illuminates the current setting. In keeping with the blue theme, Technics replaced the pop-up light with a blue LED.

Whats the major difference? Other then the pitch, nothing really.

i have mk2's, and the guy i bought em from has mk5's, personally, i think the mk5's do have more torque as john mentioned, and you can tell. Both are great sets, you really cant go wrong either way. mk5's will just cost a bit more.

Back