songs that you always play

Vantage_West

audiophile
what tunes do you always plug in a mix?

for me it has to be a revamp of stevies classic pastime paradise by ray barretto.

an anyways i noticed last night i played it 4 times...bad practice it seems

I like to play "Get the Funk Out Ma Face" by The Brothers Johnson. I don't play it in every set, but it pops up in a lot of them.

Crank Dat (Soulja Boy). Except not the original but my remake hehe. Why my remake? I have 808 drums instead of the crappy "VT_BD_2" (stock FL Studio sound) he uses haha.

2 Step Remix (Feat. T-Pain, Jim Jones & E-40). Awesome song, no matter what time you play it.

The Way I Are (My remake/remix of course). Quite possibly the best song ever made.

This Is Why I'm Hot. Great song to transition to others!

Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin'). The BEST song to either end the night (after last call) or get the cute ladies to dance with your friends or possibly you!

Last edited:
ok, well it depends, i used to dj at a lot of bars in my city, one in particular called phoenix hill. here we had a retro rewind wednsday, and i loved it. I played nuthin but funk, jackson, prince, i loved it.
So on that night i always played

Prince-Kiss
Prince-Pu$%Y control
rick james- Mary jane, superfreak, give it to me
freakshow on the dance floor
and tons and tons of midnight star

now when i played hip hop nights
anything ying yang twins
alot of pitbull
camera phone

wow thats just to name a few, i always spun for the ladies though, cuz if they happy, the guys are happy andbuying drinks, and my bars happy, it all comes around full circle

but to be honest with you, on hip hop nights, i never played a lot of newer stuff like geezy, lil wayne, stuff like that. Wouldnt touch it, it makes people fight

Gutty502 said:
So on that night i always played

Prince-Kiss
Prince-Pu$%Y control
rick james- Mary jane, superfreak, give it to me
freakshow on the dance floor
and tons and tons of midnight star

Nice! :cheers:

Back