someone please tell me how to record a mix with audacity properly

Reezy

guys i use pioneer ddj sb controller and i have the serato intro software which doesnt support recording mix. currently i am unable to upgrade the software due to budget proble but i really want to record my mixes! then i found on google that we can record with audacity. but when i tried it the (line input) not supporting for recording. with 'Microsoft sound mapper' recording is possible but sound quality is very poor. theres no sub bass and sounds very thin. please help me with correct settings if you know it. Thank You!

What kind of computer, soundcard, and inputs? Can't you skip USB, and use the RCA master outs into your computer? Set-up Audacity for an external audio input, and !voila! ??

GJ

i use sony vaio laptop with internal soundcard. yes i use RCA cable and its plugged from the master output of my controller to the 'Mic in' port of my laptop.

Then try the USB out and see if Audacity will recognize it as an external device ("mic in" is not optimum!). You may need to download a driver (program/app that lets your Pioneer unit talk to your computer), and you may need to update your firmware before all of this stuff will work together. Look at your manual for the DDJ unit and your Serato manual...

GJ

Hey Reezy!

Audacity verifies all input/output hardware through the hardware that your computer verifies. If you're having trouble finding the hardware on Audacity, it could be that its not enabled in your computer's device manager.

If that's not the problem, maybe I am misunderstanding the question?

Back